Monday, October 15, 2018

Creative Confetti with Power Poppy~Background Check

Happy Fall Y'all! Well, around here...Fall has fled and winter came in with a vengeance...outside my window is a bit of a sloppy mess with leaves all over the ground in a wet, snowy, puddle. Which is why I'm not featuring pumpkins today! :) I actually do love creating Christmas cards year round; and I'm determined to use up paper, stamps, and die cuts that I have collected before purchasing (too much) in the way of new supplies!



My card today uses two stamps from Power Poppy to bring you this little Cardinal and a Tree in a Teacup surrounded by a wintry branch scene:
I used some beautiful paper purchased at the end of the season last year: Wild Rose Studio: Birds and Berries. I stamped the Tree in the Teacup and the Cardinal holding branch from Power Poppy's "Cozy Cupfuls" and colored them up with copic markers.  This is the sweetest set and I've used it for several cards. I had planned on making two different cards but after cutting out the background die (Papertrey Ink,) I decided to perch one of the cardinals nesting in the "branches." The sentiment is from "O Holy Night." The die was centered over some pretty sky blue paper; and both the images were glued down to the paper afterwards. The sentiment is popped up on some dimensionals and a bit of glittery stickles added to the ornaments and berries. 
I made another Christmas card and if all goes according to plan...I hope to share soon! Wishing you a 
day of blessings! Thanks so much for dropping by for a visit!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, so beautiful, Traci, and a close up click reveals it even more! You've colored this perfectly. Love how you made the cardinal a sweet little female. I adore this set and had it out the other day. So many things to color, I just can't keep up! You know I love the paper, too, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful way to incorporate the paper with this image. I agree with leslie if you enlarge you can see it more. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Traci, I love this sweet female cardinal. Love the wonderful coloring and fussy cutting. Makes such a sweet card with her perched in the tree, and I love that teacup Christmas tree image too! What a sweet, sweet card...made by a very sweet girlfriend! I love and send warm, sunny hugs to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!