Monday, February 29, 2016

Shy Pansies ~Power Poppy Challenge

Hi friends,
We are enjoying more spring like temperatures for the month of February. Since this is leap day I decided to take the opportunity and "switch up my shades" for this month's Power Poppy Challenge!!
This is another retired set from Marcella "A Year of Flowers." This time I used Kraft paper with a white embossed image and literally scribbled in some of my prisma pencils to achieve this look. The hardest part was the layout...I struggle with a circle if there isn't something on top of it. It reminds me of a bald lady's head...does anyone else feel that way?! So I made a frilly "bonnet" out of a doily, scrunching and ruffling it up...found some paper in lavender and purplish hues and added a vellum bitty dot butterfly to make her even more feminine. I have so enjoyed this month's Power Poppy challenge...I am sure I would have waited longer to try these and I've got to say I am loving the fun looks of different coloring mediums.
So what do you have planned for Leap Day? 
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Traci, your pansies are gorgeous, and I love your pencil coloring! And I love your layout with the circle and the lovely doily tucked inside above the circle (so it doesn't look like a bald lady - you made me giggle at that comment!). I love the DP and embossed background and the beautiful embellishments! A truly stunning card sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, you are too funny!
    I love the purple. I don't have any PP stamps, I wonder if I can use her stamps from Flouishes, I know that I have those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring on kraft turned out so pretty, Traci! I haven't tried this yet, but want to. Still need lots more work with my Prismas. Too funny about the bald lady's head! Pretty little lady cap you gave her!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!