Saturday, February 27, 2016

February Farewell~Garden Primrose!

Hi friends! I couldn't resist entering Power Poppy's monthly challenge to Switch up Your Shades this month!





I used a retired Flourishes stamp that I had never inked...this beautiful Primrose that I think looks almost regal in its refined state!! Usually primroses look so carefree...not sure but maybe the purple tones made it seem a little more formal. Either way, I used watercolors once again in a variety of shades and then a few tiny specks of white highlights with my signo gel pen. The blooms have a slight wash of glimmer with the Wink of Stella Pen. I was cleaning a cupboard and as usual, found a few hidden "treasures" like this washi tape duo which I decided, why not just try it in the corner to offset the cute as a button button in the bottom right corner. I liked the way it looked!!
I can't believe it is February here in Colorado. My climate reading in the car was 56 degrees which is unusual...but I spotted a young lady with tank top, shorts, and sandals walking...she looked a little blue with chill. But I think everyone is ready for Spring. We're fortunate to have had some above normal temps and blue skies! I hope you have a wonderful weekend...and thanks so much for dropping in!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Traci, I love this Flourishes image and remember it well from when I was making calendar gifts for friends. It's beautiful, and I love your coloring and the great layout! And oh, what a great idea to use the washi tape, and I do love that button with the twine! It's a perfect finishing touch. Wow, that's far too chilly to wear shorts, but it's nice you are getting some warmer temps! Hugs, sweet friend, and have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful watercoloring on this one, Traci! It looks so velvety. Sometimes I get a little tired of using my Copics all the time, so it's nice to have options.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!