Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sympathy and Remembrance



My dear friend, Charlene Merrick, was heaven bound on January 2nd. She was very active on Splitcoast Stampers, had the honor of serving on the elite "Dirty Dozen" team, and was also one of the regular "teapotters" on my friend, Cindy Motherway's Teapot Tuesday Challenges. We " met" on SCS long before any of us had blogs, and became good friends through our love of stamping and mutual friends. We had so much fun, always bantering and enjoying commenting on each other's card galleries. It was a big treat when she and a friend, Barb, made the plane trip to Colorado and spent a weekend as a foursome together in 2009. I was the tour guide As we toured the area, And drove to a nearby mountain retreat, Estes Park for an overnight stay. We shopped, Hiked around Beat Lake, ate out for lunch, played games and just generally had a blast. That trip cemented our friendship. Those memories of laughter still bring me a giggle. I had always hoped to travel to Michigan to see her, but that didn't happen.
A close group of us decided to remember her birthday (today) by sending her husband, Terry Merrick, a card to honor her memory. The suggestion was made to choose a card from Charlene's Pinterest board of her favorites. I loved this card, taken from the " Flourishes" gallery. And even though I did not have the exact stamps, I substituted what I had...the overall look is much like the original. I hope her husband, Terry finds comfort in this card. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!                                   

3 comments:

  1. That is a very sweet way to remember her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card to remember her. I just wrote something similar today on my post.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and a lovely quote, Traci. You've created the perfect card for Terry. It was so very sad about Charlene, her diagnosis and then her passing. Life can turn so suddenly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!