Monday, January 27, 2014

Puppy Love and Roses Rolled into One!

I have always loved Valentine's Day and enjoy giving my friends and family hand stamped cards. This little cutie puppy image is from a set "There She Goes." I spent the weekend getting out my Big Shot for the very first time and trying out some of my Mini Rolled Rose dies and felt. I mean I spent the weekend...literally. My fingers just couldn't seem to get the hang of the rolling and keeping the rose from unraveling or rolling the right way, and then gluing down the bunched felt before it had a chance to come apart. I ended up with a small baggie of roses in pink, chocolate brown, and aqua blue to show for my efforts. I just look at that bag and smile, knowing I will now have a few stashed reserve roses on hand when I need one. So this single rose is a star on my Valentine today!
I am entering this week's Crazy 4 Challenges 220 to make a Valentine using the colors pink, chocolate, cream and aqua!
Just curious, who do you send Valentine's cards to? Thanks for coming by...I am staying warm and dry inside stamping today...it looks like a blizzard outside!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

6 comments:

  1. Awww this is so sweet. Your efforts really paid off. I love the little rolled flowers. I too am a big fan of the "love" day called Valentines. I send out a lot of cards to my family on that day. I have always loved it because my birthday is close to it and when I was growing up we had very little. But my dad would always get me a heart of chocolates. It brings back such great memories. Super card. Thank you so much for the package. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! That image is adorable!
    I love the border and your rose is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This image is adorable! Love your card, the border is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So darling! I love all things puppy, and the loopy border die cut is fabulous! I have always enjoyed sending Valentines to both family and friends, but this year I only made five Valentines, and three of those were for our son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Traci, what an adorable image, and love the die cut border.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!