Monday, August 23, 2010

Double Rainbow

 
Posted by Picasa


Can you see it?? This picture was taken at Steamboat Lake this past summer when so typical of Colorado, we were caught unaware by a brief thundercloud and ensuing rain. We were huddled in the boat under the cover for about 20 minutes, teeth chattering and whipped by the rain while my husband calmly kept throwing his fishing line in off the back of the boat waiting out the storm.
But after the rain, the rainbow. Not only one, but two...which made the storm and the wait so worth it. Don't you just love rainbows?

4 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful those rainbows are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful picture Traci. You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh this is amazing. One of God's true beauties.. I LOVE rainbows. On one of my darkest days in this lifetime I was blessed with God's stretch of color across the sky. Since then I have blessed to see the same thing on many different blue days. I think it is God's way of telling me everything is going to be BLUE SKIES FROM NOW ON..hehe. This past week when I was nervously driving through the mountains I saw 4 different rainbows. The storm was following us into the mountains. It was amazing.
    Thanks for sharing this great picture. My hubby would do the same thing..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. rainbows have recently become very significant to me.....when a dear friend's mother passed this spring, the rainbow became a sign of her continuing presence with us.....'Evie', my friend's mom, had been a fellow traveler to Maine for over 40 years, so she was in many ways my 'chosen mother'.....so this double rainbow you captured in Steamboat is just further evidence of her spirit brightening our world.......unlike you, I am not not a particularly strong spiritual person, but I find comfort in the belief that the spirit really never dies.....thanks for another reminder of that, my friend.....

    hugs
    joanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!