Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Two Challenge Cards




Today's cards are two that are combined challenges. Why do I do this? I want to "play along," but with the time it takes me to decide on a layout, stamps, colors, accessories...the only way to participate is to combine!!
So the first one here is this pretty little SnowLady whom I love, this time with gold buttons and white puffy sleeves...she is for this week's Stamping Sisters in Christ challenge. This week is hosted by the gracious Grace, and her devotional regarding the verse along with the challenge can be found on the SSIC blog here. The challenge was to use a stamp as your focal point that requires some thought to construction. I thought of quilts, cabins, houses...etc...then decided what I really needed was an early start to Christmas cards. And this lil lady, just like me, needs some work everyday to look good!! Which reminds me I need to go find my blush...
And both cards are submissions for "Dare to Get Dirty" challenges hosted by the Dirty dozen design team on SCS...which I am not allowed to share specific challenges here, but you can look them up on the home page of SCS if you're a Fan Club member!!
The challenges were:
DTGD10CraftyCaro
DTGD10notimetostamp
DTGD10flowergal36
DTGD10sketch '
and one more I forget...
And last, but not least by any means....Mothermark's Teapot Tuesday challenge this week was to bring hearts to a little girl in need of a bit of cheer. The little girl has one heart to add to the collection this week~~You can see this week's Teapot Tuesday challenge by clicking on the button on my sidebar!! Such a wonderful group of teapotters and lots of fun too!
Whew, I think I did it...
Bless you for reading through this!! I so enjoy your comments and hope you are having a great day!!

10 comments:

  1. Psssst you can add the first one to my challenge too.. She has wings..:) These are precious Traci.. I love the snowlady.. I thinks she is one of my favs..

    I am always so happy to see you stamping.. As I am looking at your cards the song Ordinary Miracle is playing...I have never really listened to the words.. "It seem so exceptional that things work out after all"..Just another ordinary miracle...LOVE this song.. No ordinary miracle when it comes to you..Huge hugs and love.. Hope things are going great..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are really pretty - I love them! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Traci - what gorgeous cards and such inspiration from the challenges you have used! Your details are gorgeous on both cards - I am not sure which one I like the best! Thank you for joining is at Stampin Sister's in Christ this week, we love to see your projects and the inspiration you bring! We would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. TRaci...you have winter and summer loveliness here today....such beautiful and precious work with just the right layout, details, colors, coloring....so precious, my friend....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Traci! I love both your cards today and I sure know what you mean about having to combine challenges in order to get them done!!!! Love your built and worked on snowman.... soooo cute! I have a special place in my heart for snowmen and this one is adorable! Love the other card too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!!!I really appreciate you joining in my challenge this week! Hugs!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Traci! What a sweet snow man, and the second one is just adorable, I love how you layered this and that ribbon is fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traci both are such sweet images, you know that little gingham girl has always been one of my favorites. You did use such great detail and what a clever girl combining so many challenges! Always enjoy coming to visit your blog, its like a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are so sweet and pretty, Traci! I especially love your snow angel with the pink and green coordinating papers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so pretty, Traci. I love the big bow and pretty colors....just sweet cards. THanks for sharing your work with us as it's always an inspiration and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that snowman! Beautful cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!