Thursday, July 8, 2010

Teapot Tuesday and Patented Bird Feeders



Have you ever had a week/day/month/year that just seemed to be discombobulated? Definition: to throw into a state of confusion, upset.
My week has definitely been that way...I can not explain all the variables and factors that have entered in to make my normal world tilt off it's axis, but it is discomforting to me. So today, because I was home, because I had 2 dogs instead of one, because I had no car because my daughter was in a car accident and needed mine, because I am taking my other daughter into a surgery that I am not even sure is a good idea tomorrow, and because she is coming in on a plane this afternoon from a 3 day Las Vegas stint that I don't approve of for a girl her age, and because the exterminator called at the last minute and was in the area and could he spray the house, and because my tummy still hurts...I decided to stamp.
I wish I could say I feel all better now, but if nothing else, this card made me smile. It reminded me of simpler times when I could control at least a few of the circumstances life threw my way, and I could laugh at our kid's humor.
My card was made for my wonderful friend, Cindy's 101 Teapot Tuesday cards celebration. The assignment was to bring dots or spots...and so in an effort to add to this dotty card, I ran the sweet puppy image through the CB swiss dots folder. After I looked at this dog, now all covered with what looked to be a bad rash, I was reminded of my oldest daughter's run-in with a moderate case of chicken pox. She was covered in those dots, and her little sister, always the mischievous one...giggled with glee and demanded some "chicken pops" of her own. It made me laugh, and still makes me smile to think of it.
If you click on the first picture, you can see the hummingbird "in flight." I received this patented "Best Hummingbird Feeder" from a family member from Virginia as a hostess gift. We had talked a lot about our love of bird-watching, and living in Virginia, she has a wider variety of colorful songbirds than we do here in Colorado. I was so delighted to receive this in the mail, and hung it up immediately when we got to our mountain condo this past weekend. I must say, it is pretty cool to watch the hummers, they can actually "perch" on the lips edge which is flatter and wider than most hummingbird feeders. I just took this with my little Kodak camera, so was happy it came out so well.
So tomorrow I will be helping with my daughter's convalescing and hoping that the surgery goes well..
I wish you a happy, even though possibly, discombobulated day~~

7 comments:

  1. Aww...Traci, I'm so sorry this week is not in order for you. Hugs and prayers!

    Great hummingbird photo, I never seem to get a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci I will be praying for your daughter's surgery tomorrow. So sorry you are having a discombobulated month, I am familiar with those. But they are not fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci, I am praying for all of you. The card is adorable and the picture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Traci....it definitely sounds like you've had a trying time this week. It can only go up from here, right? I'll be praying for your daughter's surgery, too. Knowing you, I bet you are fretting over it and won't rest easy until her surgery is over. So I'm going to pray that the good Lord gives you the peace that passes all understanding.
    I love your adorable get-well card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh girl...wish I was close by and could give you a hug....hope everything went well with your daughter's surgery.....and everything else you were dealing with.....what a heavy load for one week's time....hope all is calm now and you have found a serenity and tranquility.......

    Your card is absolutely dottingly adorable...fab work, gf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Joanne... wish I could give you a big hug.. I am sorry I am late on leaving a comment here.. I think being a mom is like having your heart ripped out on occasion and stomped on.. I have the same struggles.. I only wish that I could tell them that what they do has repercussions.. Keep your strength Traci.. you are so strong and such a great person.. I am glad you got away for some R and R.. your picture is amazing. Love MM's teapot card too.. I am happy that you have stamping to give you an outlet.. hang in there..hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am sorry I missed this one!! What an adorable card! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!