Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Favorite Things


Today is Featured Stamper at SCS...and the featured stamper is Shannon Steubner. Congratulations Shannon on being chosen...wonderful gallery and a style I love!!

So the assignment of the day is to take a card and CASE it...and this is my take on one of Shannon's cards.

As much as I like this set, "Like it a Latte" I felt I had exhausted it's use...until I saw this layout. This card is 51/4 inches square, which helped to accomodate all the elements.

The coffee cup and steam were stamped in Tim Holtz Walnut distress ink...then heat embossed. This added some texture and made the image dark enough to show up with my patterned paper.

I have a coffee date tomorrow, it is one of my favorite things. Just the smell when entering a good coffee shop is intoxicating to me~~

Thanks for stopping by, I always enjoy your comments.

7 comments:

  1. Mmmm I love the smell of coffee too. I see that Starbucks has just come out with their Pumpkin Pie Spice lattes...Mmmm. This is a beautiful card. I have been trying to create a card with a coffe image and this layout IS perfect. SUper job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fabulous set, isn't it? And I love what you did with it. Great paper and I think that ribbon was retired a few years ago from SU. YOu must me hoarding it and using it piece by piece? :) Great colors, the right layout for that image, you're right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wondeerful....haven't taken that set out for a while....may have to dust it off..deelish colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left a comment...but then something wonky happened...not sure if it will post...so here I am again.....great card....deeelish colors...may have to dust that set off...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect layout for this set! You've given it fresh life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Traci! Wow, this card is so pretty that it's a real stunner! Love the fab papers, the pretty ribbon and the pearls on the scallops...beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card Traci...love the color combination too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!