Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Creative Confetti Challenge~Two in One!

Hi there! Today I am combining two of the Creative Confetti Challenges over on the Power Poppy Blog for the month of April: On the Grid, and Think Spring!




After making my previous Columbine Card into a grid by trimming the image into little squares...this time I was inspired by Julie's "Think Spring" challenge and so turned to the gorgeous Power Poppy set, "Azaleas." I have used a lot of these images...but the larger branch had not been colored up. I had just received this sweet ruffled ribbon from Stampin' Up and so I decided to use the ribbon as my grid markers (still had the grid on the brain so I combined those two challenges)...rather than white space. So I cut the image into three equal lengths and then used the ribbon in between each layer.  I have a lot of that ribbon...and it was fairly easy to match that pink with my Copic markers. The card was kept simple with just a few scattered small and tiny pearls. I also added a bit of shimmer with my Wink of Stella pen and a few white highlights on the flowers with my white Signo gel pen.
 I wish, I wish, I wish...we could grow those Azaleas here in Colorado. When we lived near Portland, Oregon many years ago...we had lots of these bushes and they added so much bright color in early Spring.
And...here we have the last of the snow melting and my tulips just beginning to emerge ...I feel like a Mama Chick waiting for her babies to hatch hovering over these bulbs...they are almost 2 weeks behind schedule. I just hope Summer doesn't make its entrance early as now I believe Spring is my favorite season. It just doesn't last nearly long enough here.
Blessings on your day and hope wherever you are...the promise of Spring has come!

1 comment:

  1. Traci, this is absolutely beautiful! Your coloring blows me away, so beautifully shaded and highlighted. Love the scattered pearls and those ribbon strips, which surely are a perfectly matched color. Azaleas are in full bloom here. Mine are staggered so I'll have bloom clear into June. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a bigger display all at once, but it's also nice to stretch out the enjoyment. Good luck with your weather, and I hope spring is a long season for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!