Sunday, July 29, 2018

Power Poppy~Inspire Me! July Challenge

Hi friends! I had to make an appearance for this month's July Power Poppy Challenge-Inspire Me! There is always so much inspiration; but this time I found a retired Bloomie, Leslie Miller, to follow as my inspiration! She showed us how to make envelopes to match our cards...and I must say that even I, the measuring challenged person that I am...was able to do this one! Such easy and clear to follow instructions! The tutorial is here on the Power Poppy "Make it Monday" post.
I used a retired Flourishes stamp for the sweet teacup with some designer paper for the envelope. I have a pretty Prima daisy that I may add as an envelope closure if I decide to hand deliver this card.
Oh, I guess I should show a photo and stop jabbering...

I water colored the cup and saucer...and added just a bit of colored pencil shading. The sentiment is from Power Poppy's "Potted Primroses" stamp set. So cute together! I outlined the word "hello" in a pink copic marker.

The strip of paper is the same I used for the envelope, then I added a wee bit of pink designer paper along the border.
I am a bit rusty in stamping...but so very thankful for being able to revisit my pretty stamps and papers...it is such a relaxing and fun hobby!
And that is it for today! We just visited the Oregon coast last week so I hope to post some photos from our trip here in a couple of days!
Thanks so much for popping in and wishing you a blessed day!!

4 comments:

  1. Your card is so fun. Definitely a sweet friendship card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Leslie's work myself and find inspiration from her all the time. Your matching envelope is perfect, so fresh and springy feeling. This is all around charming and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Traci! I wanted to stop by for a visit and when I got here I found a whole lot of pretty. I had to stop and read about this adorable little tea cup. I absolutely love this card! Then I saw that you used the envelope instructions. I'm so glad you found them easy to follow. You know... I have since bought an envelope punch board, but I find that the A2 envelopes don't come out just the right size, so I still make my A2 envies like this. It's almost as quick as the punch board. I'm going to keep an eye out for your Oregon coast photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci, what a delicate and beautiful card and matching envelope! I love your coloring and the colors you've used, and I remember seeing Leslie's wonderful envelope tutorial. I sure love her work and how beautiful her cards are! Hope you have survived the hope summer. We are still hot here in South Florida and are now in the height of hurricane season. Sending hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!