Sunday, June 24, 2018

All About Bees

Hi friends! I have been a little remiss about posting my cards here on my blog...so will try to remedy that this week!
I received my Power Poppy stamps a couple of weeks ago and have had fun playing with this set, "Bee Kind Toile." I actually posted this on Instagram already. Oops!
I really am smitten with the Bee Skep on the pretty cake stand! 
I found some old Stampin' Up designer paper in this pretty blue color...so I stamped the tiny sentiment on the top in that banner "Happy-Bee-Day" to match. The border around the bee skep is made by a repeat single bloom stamped in a circular border. I added some Wink of Stella to the honey dripping over the sides and used a fine black tip micron pen to add some detail to the bees antennae and stripes.
The oval border cut out is from Papertrey Ink. 
I think that's all the detail...I worked awhile on my card and was pretty happy how it turned out. 
I hope you enjoy and thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Traci this is so soft and pretty! I love the framing and the sweet honey cake! I just coloured up this image this week and hope to put it into a card soon. Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci, I love this sweet card and how you've used this stamp set. Your honey cake is darling, and I love the layout and coloring! Beautifully done!! Hugs and love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I like the blue and the tiny flower you added around the hive on the die cut. Very sweet card Traci.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! Love this in no-line or light-line coloring! I just now used my set for the first time. I'm not good at getting to things right away. There's a time for everything, though. Your card is so soft and beautiful. My, oh, my!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!