Sunday, August 28, 2016

Welly Welly Love my Wellies!!

It's almost Fall and I am pretty excited about that! And to initiate the season...I purchased two of Power Poppy's new release stamps!! This month the challenge is to Copy, Steal, and Inspire! Find a card using Power Poppy images and Copy...adding a change or two to make it your own.
Okay, so I have a confession. I fell in love with Christine's card here. And since I have no imagination but a keen eye for beauty...I pretty much copied it. That plaid confused me just a little...I couldn't figure out how to color it...so I pretty much followed Christine's colors. And first I played around with making my own plaid paper using copic markers. That was weely fun...but time consuming. Here is my version:


And here is a close up of the fun plaid I made using Christine's color suggestions. I did not have the same copic marker colors...but that just goes to show you can achieve the same look with different color markers.

Which looks pretty much like Christine's color wise, sketch wise...only of course, not as good. The main difference was I added a red glossy button and some red and white twine...my blue panel is smaller...little things. But it gave me a visual start. So then I decided to branch out a little more and try the stamp with more Fallish colors and this is the end result:
I found a really cool mottled brown button and some pretty orange polka dot paper for the leaf. And here is the inside:

Using that sentiment just makes me giggle. I was making the second card late into the night...and did mess up a bit on my plaid ...but I made my own and am pretty happy with the outcome. This was done in teal blues, browns, and a bright yellow/orange.
Thanks to Christine for showing us how it's done!!
And thanks to Power Poppy for the fun challenge and of course, Marcella for the wonderfully detailed stamps that makes anyone look like an artist!!
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you're doing "welly welly well!! "

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Traci, these are both gorgeous, and I love how you've CASE'd Christine's card with the Copic plaid! It's perfect, and I love the colors! Each is beautifully done, sweet friend! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!