Sunday, July 24, 2016

PTI Stampafaire 2016~Starry Night with Amy Sheffer

Hi dear stamping friends! I have four posts today...all from participating in this year's Papertrey Ink Stampafaire 2016!! This is my first year participating...and I must say...it is a creative marathon!! I was up very late last night still watching videos and trying out all the fun techniques and inspiration of the day!! Next year...I must be more prepared and start earlier in the day.
One of my favorites was Amy Sheffer's Starry Night Sky featuring different reinkers to create a multi hued night sky! What a challenge...I did not have any of the reinkers so after my hands got tired blending ink...I ended up going over the entire card with my vibrant watercolors. I loved the final look, though...and I have Amy's wonderful video tutorial to thank! I hope I can remember how to do this for future reference.
My water coloring was finished late last night...and today I had planned to finish the card with the "Savior" word die cut. We had church worship this morning...and there was a beautiful photo of the night sky with one of our worship songs...and that is what gave me the final inspiration to add this cross to the background night sky!! 
"The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies proclaim the works of His hands." ~ Psalm 19:1
Wishing you a blessed day~thank you for your visit and kind comments~!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Your starry night background looks awesome. I have not heard of the PTI stamping marathon, how FUN! Glad you get to play along!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!