Friday, August 14, 2015

Wedding Card in Gold~

I rarely make wedding cards because I rarely get to go to weddings anymore...but my beautiful niece married this past weekend and my husband and I , both daughters and respective husband and boyfriend also travelled to Woodinville, Washington for the grand affair! Her colors were champagne and gold...so I decided to use this gold vellum heart overlay over a gold embossed floral paper for the base. The stamp is SU! and is gold embossed. Tiny rhinestones and a champagne were added for flourish. The card is 5x7...which seemed appropriate for a wedding. This was actually easy, but I think it makes a keepsake for the bride and groom.
And here you can see a little more of the paper underneath and the gold embossing...shield your eyes!
There seems to be no easy way to capture gold without glare. I was pleasantly surprised how quickly this card came together using the overlay. I used mini glue dots under a few of the hearts to prevent the vellum from curling up.
Hope you enjoyed this card...blessings on your day!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful stamp and card with all the gold and champagne! It does make for an easy card. I'm trying to talk myself into doing more 5x7. Sometimes a larger size seems called for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!