Friday, August 14, 2015

Shabby and Chic~French Provincial Style!

Good morning friends! I just returned home from my niece's wedding in Washington state this week, so I will be having a simple wedding card to show you in a few days...but meanwhile...of course I had to stop by Power Poppy blog and find this month's challenge!
I don't make shabby chic cards often...and after a lot of fiddle and faddle, I finally finished two cards for the challenge. That's because one kept wanting to go a different direction with colors...I'm sure you know what I mean. I wanted to use the Power Poppy Lilacs stamp and also try out these new Peerless Water Colors that come in long bookmark looking papers with beautiful deep hues of every color. Once I stamped in Memento ink and began with the colors...I noticed right away that the saturation and hue was so deep and rich...I couldn't go with the soft images usually seen in Shabby Chic. My colors were bright blues, purples, flesh pink, shabby shutters greens, and that bright yellow that resembles the sun...it wasn't until this morning that I could recall the exact place of this color inspiration:
It was a few years ago in one of our travel ventures to Europe. I was on a perfumery tour in Grasse, France...where fields of lavender are grown for the glorious making of perfumes...it is the best smelling place ever, and very intoxicating! The colors of that area were so beautiful...this card maybe partially captures it. And believe it or not...the actual color inspiration was a tiny bathroom in a little cafe that actually played itself out in my card today. It was the prettiest bathroom I had ever seen...and one that I won't be duplicating in my home as it was very feminine...but my memory bank stored that and here it is...to the best of my limited artistry.
I do believe travel is one of the best ways to be inspired in all areas of life...beauty, knowledge, idealism, wonder...it is such a great investment and memories will find ways to stay alive and encourage in darker days.
Thanks so much for your visit today!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that's pretty, Traci! The colors are very appealing to me, as I just LOVE color! Isn't it interesting that you subconsciously pulled up a bathroom memory for this combo. Inspiration is everywhere. I agree with the importance of investing in memories. They'll always be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer goodness... Traci this is so pretty. I like the vibrant colors of your lilacs and the textured backing. Very pretty. Thanks for playing in our Chic and Shabby challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Traci, what a beautiful card, and I love the colors! What a fabulous bathroom it must have been for you to remember it! And I think you do shabby beautifully. I personally struggle with it a lot, but I love this image and how you've colored it with the Peerless colors (I watched a video of someone who used them). The rhinestones, doily, and ribbon all work so beautifully to make this a gorgeous shabby chic card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!