Friday, April 4, 2014

Inspired Tulips Three Ways!

Isn't it funny how a small gift can be multiplied by the joy it inspires? Not  long ago a friend brought over a bunch of purple tulips as a little "thank you" gift. Since the ground is still largely grayish and not greenish and the spring has not yet sprung in these Colorado high plains parts...the flower blooms were a delight to my senses! Of course, I could not stare at them too long without feeling the urge to express their beauty through my favorite creative medium, stamping! Using these tulips from Flourishes stamps, I made three cards using three layouts and three different colors. Which one do you like best?
Tulips in pink  

Tulips in Purple

Tulips in Yellow

I actually had time to make my own ribbon colors by dyeing some seam binding. I just used a few drops of  SU! reinker and spritzed with some water and tossed it around on a flexible cutting board as I could not find my craft mat. I am happy to say that the ink washed right off the cutting board and now it is delegated to my stamp room so I can dabble in a few more colors. This was fun and easy too! 

3 comments:

  1. Traci, these are all so pretty! I love this sweet little pot of tulips. Such a perfect match on all the seam binding, too. There's something about the third card I just love -- maybe the warm colors or the pretty green ribbon. You used some of my favorite dies and punches, too. I'd probably have to say that's my favorite. Happy spring, even if it doesn't quite look like it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think all three are lovely but if I have to choose, I would say the purple! There is just something about that one that really speaks to me. I am so glad I got to see the lovely post....and.....also that sweet puppy picture! Oh, that has to be the sweetest baby....I have a pretty sweet (and spoiled) baby at home myself! :) Hope you have a wonderful week this week and thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments...it is very much appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such pretty designs Traci! Wow! My best friend from college had a favourite colour of tulip too - purple! That totally makes me think of her! Tulips are by far my favourite spring flower :)

    I do LOVE that pink layout gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!