Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Quiet Life~ SSIC Challenge #105


Welcome to today's Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge! This week's verse and devotional was chosen by the wonderfully talented  Peggysue at Roses by my Window! Her devotional and all the design team cards will be featured on the Stampin' Sisters in Christ blog also!
I will be traveling to the mountains over the weekend...which was part of the inspiration for today's card. I wanted a scene that depicts living a quiet life...so I combined two Flourishes stamps and did a distressed ink tutorial for my sky background. I have to say, I like the way it turned out...though a bit bright for the muted colors of today's challenge...I am pretending that this is a Seattle blue sky and anyone who has ever visited there knows that when the sun is shining, the sky will be blue!!
The verse:
1 Thessalonians 4:11-12
"Make it your aim to live a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to earn your own living, just as we told you before. 12 In this way you will win the respect of those who are not believers, and you will not have to depend on anyone for what you need."

The challenge:Nothing bright. Use quiet colors in your card creation; either pastels or earth tones; soft muted shades of neutrals
The Prize:  Clear Dollar Stamps GC

My card recipe:
Stamps: Flourishes Kids at Play, Forest of Trees
Paper: SU! Always Artichoke, SU! other, PTI Rustic
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia, Ranger Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Broken China
Accessories: Twill ribbon, Metal Nailheads colored with copic marker, Circle Nestabilites, Dimensional

Thanks so much for visiting today...and your kind comments! I can't wait to see what you create with today's challenge if you play along!! Have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Love this card and the verses Traci! Hope this isn't a double post. I'm at MIL's so you may have a comment from her google account, too! LOL! Your card deserves double comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci....this is so very beautiful and tranquil.....I needed that....thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Traci! Oh your card is so amazing! I love the stamps you combined to create this beautiful scene! We were in the mountains all day today too and it was so peaceful! Your scene is a breath of fresh air.... quiet and still and wonderful! Hope you are enjoying this long weekend!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Traci... this is WONDERful and the very thing I think of first when I think of peaceful quietness. My hubby loves to fish, even when he doesn't catch anything. Your scene is beautiful!! Have a blessed week *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Traci, it could be the sky color in Idaho or many other places we passed through this summer, that have great beauty. So peaceful! Wishing you a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Traci! I wouldn't think this card is too bright for the challenge. It's very soothing and relaxing and certainly fits my frame of mind at this time. The verse is wonderful. I always find inspiration when I visit. Thank you for that. I hope you enjoyed your trip to the mountains. It sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If this serene, tranquil and beautiful scene doesn't speak to the fisherman's heart, I don't know what will. It's beautiful, Traci!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so pretty and serene. I have never been to Seattle, but sure would like to go someday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At this point, I am not even leaving a comment...you know how I feel about this card! Anyway, I am back trying something new! Here is my comment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have so much to learn because I have never read this scripture. You rocked these stamps. I love these two together and would not have thought to put them on a card. Hope your time was awesome while you were away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Traci - what a beautifully peaceful and serene card you have created - it is perfect for this weeks challenge - it is a blessing having you as part of the SSIC Design Team! Thank you for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!