Friday, March 8, 2019

A Teacup of Spring~

Most of my stamping is for no particular reason...sometimes I come across a stamp that brings a sense of sweetness or nostalgia. This one from Stampavie by artist Tina Wenke does just that!! I see they no longer make the stamps...but there is a spot to find lots of digital which I may try soon! I made a 3x3 note card and added just a bit of designer paper (because that is all I had of this scrap )so it served as a border...and some twine across the top of the card. I practiced my water coloring with this image...using my Zig Markers. Except this time I scribbled my markers on a clear block and then used a brush to add to my panel rather than applying directly. I loved the way it turned out and found it much easier than the times I've attempted with copics. I may try a larger card but for today this is perfect for my needs...just the right size to add a gift card in the mail.
The note card die is from Papertrey Ink. I can tell I will be using this often.
Wishing you a warm and wonderful day filled with a bit of beauty! Thanks so much for your visit today!

2 comments:

  1. I feel happy looking at this, Traci! Some folks shy away from cute stamps altogether, but I love to let my hair down and go for the fun of it. You know I've got that kid in me... Your watercoloring is absolutely beautiful! Your method of scribbling on a block is the best way to use my Tombows, too. Otherwise I don't get the softly blended edge. I hope you'll try some of those digi stamps. I always love to see cute, and this is truly an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable... You've inspired me, especially since Easter is just around the corner... I love that used the lacy border and the jutte string at the top ..It really makes the little mouse warm and cosy( ha ha) ..Sweet card....Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!