Sunday, September 9, 2018

Serendipitous Sympathy

So...this may seem like a strange title for stamping...but I have to tell a little story with my cards today. It all began when I decided to try my hand at water coloring a stamp that I had acquired through a personal sale on a stamping blog so I don't have the name of it other than Poppies. I do love Poppies and so I wanted to color this with a vibrant ink. I used some smooshed on acetate distress oxide inks and ended up with this as my final result:

I am still a novice in this water coloring venture...and I ended up adding layers of color over time. I also decided to add blues and browns and teals to my leaves so it had almost a tropical feel by the time I was done. The perfect paper for framing is a newer one to me from Stampin' Up that I just ordered, "Tranquil Tide." 
Anyways...I was pretty happy with the outcome and decided to make a copy of it to use on a future card due as : 1. I am a very slow stamper and water coloring isn't second nature to me. 2. I have had too many other health issues to spend hours on my craft. 3. I wanted to keep a copy as a color referencee. 4. Well, you get the drift...
Anyway, I made a copy. And the colors came out completely different...like my colored inks were missing the green although the printer didn't show any colors as low.

Hopefully your monitor looks a little more  clearer than mine, and if not, if you click on the photo it will enlarge. When this came out of the printer I actually liked the bleached out leaves and decided it would be a good sympathy card for this time of year (Brownish yellows and oranges and golds.) Unfortunately, I had to cancel plans for hosting a weekend at our place due once again to health...and at the same time the friends I was hoping to host also had a death in the family and we realized it was not a good time to meet up and yet it saddened me that we couldn't due to so many difficult circumstances. For me...working on cards is cathartic while I am creating.
I used some gold Nuvo  drops randomly to add a bit  more color. Now I have two cards from one water coloring and one was a complete surprise in a good way!
Thanks so much for your visit today!

1 comment:

  1. That's really strange about your printer, but my printer has it's own mind, too, so I shouldn't be surprised. I never know what it's going to do, but I make the most of it. You ended up with one that has a spring/summer look and another with a fall look. Interesting! Your watercoloring is very pretty. It does seem to take longer, but Copics are sometimes frustrating for me if I don't have the right colors. All my Tombow markers and reinkers provide every color imaginable and no problems with blending. Wishing you and watercoloring a beautiful relationship. Traci, I'm sorry about your health issues and your friends' death in the family. I hope your health issues can be fixed. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!