Monday, July 24, 2017

Howdy Friend~It's been Awhile!

Well, friends, it's been awhile. Summer heat got the best of me and zapped me! But I'm back today because I couldn't let the hottest month of the year go by without finding a splash of cool relief by participating in the refreshing Power and Spark July challenge!

I adore all the Power Poppy Bloomies and their card creations always delight and inspire and motivate me to get out my stamps! But for today's card, I was drawn to Christine's card here.

I fell in love with her coloring of the bird, but didn't have all the necessary supplies to copy; however I had a vision of yellow and polka dots in my head. 
My card uses the same stamp, "Folk Heart" with the same colors on this adorable feathered bird of good tidings...I obviously changed the layout and used patterned paper and a bit of yellow polka dot washi tape and made a double banner with the sweet sentiment greeting. 
I added a bit of Wink of Stella pen for some glitter on the blooms and berries...and white gel pen for the polka dots on the red jacket...and then I called it finished. I really adore this cheerful card and many thanks to Christine for her inspiration!
Thanks so much for popping in and wishing you a joy-filled day! 

3 comments:

  1. Traci this is adorable, I’m honoured you would CASE me! I love how sunny and bright it feels with the yellows. Such a sweet design! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy this is darling. I like the yellow and white color combo and your birdie looks adorable. Very fresh and springy feeling. Thanks for playing in our On the Case July challenge this month.
    We have 100 degree weather for a week now but its normal. ugh... I am staying inside to color myself. hee hee Hope you are having a cooler day today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome card - your coloring is perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!