Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Lovely Day Card and Parrot Tulips in my Garden~

I've mentioned several times that I purchased the loveliest bag of tulip bulbs last October and my husband and I actually planted them! We have a deck outside of our kitchen that overlooks a sloped hill covered in river rock, small rock, Aspens and shrubs. I have wanted some color there for awhile...but always forgot about spring flowers until it was spring and then it was too late to plant.
So here are a couple of  photographs of our daffodils and tulips.
They are good and strong and bright yellow...and look dramatic against the rock and mulch. Bringing me much happiness as I look out my kitchen window.

These tulips started out white, and their color has deepened to a very dark pink striation as they have matured. This is from the top of the stairs and at the bottom of our little slope you can see the Aspens and the bird bath and feeders. We have three clusters of these and I hope to plant more in the Fall.

And another spring inspired card using designer paper and matching the tulips from Papertrey Ink with inks...a bit of washi tape on the side, copic colored pearls and a scalloped border. I was pretty pleased with incorporating stamps using designer paper as I usually find it to be challenging.
Thanks for taking a meander and wishing you a lovely day!!

2 comments:

  1. Your gardens must be so vibrant, I just planted tulips and daffodils this year. Lovely card, the tulip set is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous garden, Traci, and I love your parrot tulips! They are amazing at how they start out white and deepen in color. What a joy it must be to see them popping up again this spring. And what a stunning card that clearly was inspired by your own garden. I love these PTI tulips, and you've made a beautiful card with DP. Stunning! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!