Saturday, November 19, 2016

Give Thanks With a Grateful Heart


Hi stamping friends! It is just 2 days short of a week before Thanksgiving! We were 80 degrees last Monday, then Tuesday our first snow of the year came and the trees were covered in the frosty white stuff! I did not get a picture...instead I was out doing a little early Christmas shopping for my Operation Shoebox!  I had some time this week to make a batch of four of these cards using the stamp from Papertrey Ink, "Give Thanks."  It was one of those times when the background paper just made the card...golds and russets and a little purple shade in the die cut wheat stalks! And the font on this is so beautiful, you don't need much embellishment! I did use a bit of Wink of Stella on the wheat stalks, die cut and popped up, and shaded the acorns with a copic marker. 
I am so thankful to the Lord for my family, friends, my country, my dear husband, my sweet dog , Beulah,who is beginning to heal up from her knee surgery 2 months ago...and of course, you! God has blessed me indeed...and even in those times when we are undergoing trials and difficult losses, especially then, He is near me and his words of comfort and blessing are whispered back to me in my prayers. He is working out His sovereign plan in a world that desperately needs Him...aren't you glad that we have a God that is in control, does not sleep or slumber, and knows the hairs on our head? Thank you so much for your visit, kind comments, and wishing you a very special Thanksgiving!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!