Sunday, September 16, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ~Autumn Wreath


Today's Sunday devotional and stamp challenge is brought to us by our dear and wonderful Kris Breach, the founder of Stampin' Sisters in Christ.
This week's verse:

Galatians 6:9 "So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up."

This week's sponsor is: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
*******************************************************************

This is personal...and right where I am...so don't read the next part if you don't want to know.
I struggle a lot with discouragement lately.  Losing heart, wanting to give up the fight, wanting to give in to whatever my human nature is telling me to do...straddling the place between what I see in front of me, and what I believe God will bring to pass... as I wait and wonder WHEN is my situation going to change? When am I going to be delivered from this trying person/situation in my life who returns my kindness for coldness, is unresponsive or rude to my advances, who I feel completely deflated and defeated every time I am with them?  And will I survive with my emotionas and mind intact until then? These are the questions I wrestle with.   Sometimes the good deeds we do, the long suffering we endure, the continuing to bless in spite of wrong doing is just plain old hard. As a woman, I long for a relationship...a deep relationship with my own family members. I want to be included in their lives, to know that I am loved as much as I love...but there are times I feel left out, ostracized, and ignored.
So this verse is good for me to be taught by...and fitting for my present circumstances. I love to look up commentaries on verses and the meanings of the words in scripture. I learn so much that way and come away with a much deeper understanding of the meaning and the application of what the Bible is saying.
The NASB version says:
"Let us not lose heart in doing good." 
The meaning of those words, "losing heart"  is to act or behave badly in some circumstance. To turn coward and/or lose one's courage. To grow tired, discouraged, faint or fainthearted.
Well, I am there...on the verge of behaving badly, ready to lose courage, feeling fainthearted...all of the above. But God says to not grow weary...to continue... continue to pray, continue to love, continue to forgive, continue to reach out...and by the way...while we are waiting ...continue to encourage others to do the same. While I am waiting, I am still to be obedient...and to reach out to others with that phone call, or taking that young Mom out to lunch and encouraging her...whatever the Holy Spirit is prompting me to do.
Here's the thing: I don't want to let the feelings of defeat I have in any relationship in my life take away from one single thing God is calling me to do. And I can not afford to allow defeat to rule my life for even one day.
There are so many messages out "there" in cyberland on dealing with difficult relationships in your life and how to get past them. I read them, and they make some sense on a totally humanistic level...they say things like "Move on from the drama, don't waste your time on people who don't appreciate you,"  or "Surround yourself only by those people who lift you up." Admittedly, these are paraphrased... but where in the Bible does it tell me I can dispose of people in my life who are not lifting me up or who cause drama? But God loved us "while we were yet sinners..." And He commands us to love others as He has loved us.  This scripture is telling me to keep on, not to give up. And to trust God with the outcome.
And even though I have yet to experience the promise...I am to keep believing that at THE RIGHT TIME...I will reap a harvest of blessing. So my question of WHEN? earlier is answered by God's answer of "THE RIGHT TIME." His right time...not mine. My dear husband reminded me of that this morning as he listened to me sob ...."You need to trust in God's timing." Is he wise, or what?  So if you're in a situation and waiting and possibly becoming discouraged...I hear you. I understand. Let's encourage each other.

My card: I didn't get the best photo of the true colors on this card...It is one of those that I played with a couple of different dies : the smaller one is SU! and the larger one is PTI. The wreath is from PTI, embossed in bronze embossing powder. The little flowers sprinkled through are in SU! inks more mustard, blue bayou, and poppy parade. The kraft mat is embossed and the bow is hand dyed seam binding. I added blue rhinestones around the wreath and stamped the word, "Home" on the inside of the wreath.
Thanks for stopping by and letting me share a little bit of my heart with you. Blessings on your week!

6 comments:

  1. A beautiful card and super beautiful post this morning, Traci. I savored it! I just love God's Word, and how we can depend on Him to have just the right words for all circumstances in life. Your devotion ministered to me and lifted me up! Thanks for that! Your card is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci - Your card is beautiful! Simple and elegant! I love everything about it! It is so crisp and clean. And thank you for sharing your heart. I will be praying for you, dear sister. Keeping our eyes on Jesus is hard sometimes, but the only way to go. Be encouraged that even though you may not be getting the response you desire down here our heavenly Father is well pleased with you. I pray you will feel His loving arms this week.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this fall card! Your layout is awesome and I love that bow! Beautiful card, Traci! Praying for you today and this situation, that you will be blessed and feel His loving arms around you during these times of frustration. Blessings! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Traci! I just love your beautiful card! Love the colors you used, the layout, the stamps, and that pretty hand-dyed seam binding...everything! Thank you for sharing from your tender heart about the special meaning of this Bible verse. I can SO relate to what you are saying! You gave me a MUCH needed reminder to persevere in doing God's will and loving troublesome people! I'll be praying for you for this situation. Have a blessed day!
    Big hug!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Traci - your colours are just so perfect, the blue is a perfect touch on this darling card! Your words are always so timely Traci, always fiolled with such wisdom - I hope you have blessed week Sistah! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many things in life take patience and prayer. I find that when I am faced with difficult people that for me the best thing to do is take a step back and a time out. I get tired of being disappointed and the one I need to care for the most is me. I will pray for your guidance and hopefully it will get better. Hugs to you. Oh and beautiful write up and card as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!