Friday, December 10, 2010

Warm Winter Wishes





Good Friday afternoon!! I wanted to take a break in my day and show you some of my favorite things this time of year. My card is a "window" card, using the "Sweets of the Season" stamp set from Flourishes! I love the gingerbread men (women in this case) in this set, and paired it with the sentiment "Friends warm the heart" to make two "girlfriends." I love how this turned out, and hope it brings a smile to your face. The red ruffled ribbon and red nailheads are from Flourishes also. I used scalloped square nestabilities to make my window frame and a Martha Stewart doily. Stacy (Twinshappy on SCS) gave a tutorial a few weeks ago on how to make these, and this was my attempt. The little girls are dressed up with coat buttons made all white and puffy and stickles! This is for this month's challenge to make a "Winter White" card, mostly white with a touch of another color. I think it is no surprise my touch of color is red today!!
The backdrop for this card was a decorated Christmas tree I have in my kitchen...I love this tree and decorated it with this wide checked gingham I found at a local florist along with some tiny utensil ornaments and sugar cookies! It sits on my kitchen table this time of year.
Just sharing a little of what I've been up to...how about you?

6 comments:

  1. Just look at these two pretty little gingerbread ladies! I love your idea of making a friends card by using this sentiment. I sure do love the cute MS doily. Isn't it nice to have a little touch of Christmas in unexpected places? Your tree is just perfect for the kitchen counter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can tell the holiday spirit is alive and well in your household and heart....what a sweet card....really need to try that window technique....you did a beautiful job with it....thanks for sharing your tree with us as well..love the gingham, gf

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Traci.. I love the way you used this set.. I am sure it will be much appreciated.. I bet your house is gorgeous for the holidays. I LOVE your blog music.. Made me smile...Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous little tree Traci! And adorable card. I love the ginerbread people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your window card! Let's see, what I have been up to...finishing up that gosh darn sweater for my Mom! We are snowed in today so maybe I can get a few good hours to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Cute cute Christmas tree. Love those little sugar cookies. Can you actually eat them? Your gingerbread women card is a tasty match.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!