Sunday, February 5, 2017

Super Bowl =Time to Stamp! ~"Double D Challenge"

It is Super Bowl Sunday and you can find me in my stamp room...with the roar of the football wafting in the corners of my upstairs reverie while I whilst away the hours dreaming of Spring and the sweet scent of lavender!
This challenge by Double D caught my eye when I saw it on their blog...lavender and lace...oooh...aahhh...if I could I would have a curtain just like the ones shown in the photo...so soft and feminine!
I began this card without a plan in mind...and a couple of images hit my waste paper basket quite honestly...after trying unsuccessfully to add ink using an ink blender pen to these sweet roses from Stampin Up (Elements of Style)...I then brought out my copic markers and was much happier. The green die cut back ground is from Papertrey Ink and was meant to mimic a trellis. The stamped image was colored and fussy cut and then the vine die was layered and looped around the image...just playing around. I found a pretty piece of scrap paper in just the right shade and added the sentiment "for you." Two tiny rhinestones in shades of lavender and a little row of lace "blooms" on the side...and this is what you have!

Thanks for popping in on Super Bowl Sunday...or any day...hope your team wins and wishing you a wonderful and productive week ahead!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my! This turned out gorgeous, Traci! One of the prettiest of all SU flower stamps, I think, and I don't have this one. The die cut background certainly does look like a trellis, and ohhhhh those sweet roses along the side are so pretty! I have several of those ribbon flower trims and hardly ever use them. Yours is just the right size and the white goes with everything. I'm really glad you decided to play along with us at Double !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Traci, those Roses look as though they are really climbing up the trellis! Lovely design and pretty stamps used, too. Thank you for joining out challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH SO PRETTY! Love your overall design with the flowers/trellis! Just beautiful!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘LAVENDER & LACE’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so beautiful! I love all those wonderful patterns and texture on your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge – hope you’ll join us again!
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is divine! I love the background die and your floral wrapped lace. Your flowers are stunning! This is just a glorious card! In fact my team did win, and they did it in spectacular fashion.....all of New England was nail biting for the 1st three quarters. Go Pats!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful and gorgeous card. Love the background. Beautiful, thank you for entering into our Lavender and Lace challenge...good luck in the draw..[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the lattice background and your rose ribbon down the side is awesome. Very pretty indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!