Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Life Is...


Yesterday was our oldest daughter's birthday. Nothing makes me more sentimental than my own children's birthdays...I can remember so many details about the day I gave birth...the wonder of babyhood and the delight of toddler hood...the ups and downs of adolescence and then the amazing fulfillment seeing your adult child come into their own. I am in awe of seeing my daughters grow into young women with developing personalities, talents and abilities. Being a parent at this stage is very gratifying.



I made a couple of sets of cards for one of my birthday gifts. I decided to use this "Life" set from Papertrey Ink and stamp on top of a water colored background using various reinkers.
Here's another one in greens and blues..


The foliage stem and sentiment on this one was stamped in a deep purple. So pretty.
I think she liked them...I enjoyed seeing the way the watercolors blended using all the pretty colors.
Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a gander. I don't have any advice for doing watercolors...this was very free form and next time I want to try using the acrylic blocks and see what I get.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Traci, what beautiful backgrounds you've designed! I love the shades and hues and the dreamy feel they each have. And what beautiful silhouettes with the lovely sentiments on each one! I have been playing around with watercolor myself and finding I really enjoy it...there's a lot of freedom in it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Traci, love the different color backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!