Friday, February 13, 2015

Sheltering Tree Valentine


I can tell I am going to love this set from SU!, Sheltering Tree! I created the two tones of flowering buds by stamping once in Strawberry Slush ink, then re inking my stamp and stamping off once on scrap paper before stamping the same buds again with a slight change in placement. I used a micron .01 pen and a ruler to add the short line from my branch to connect the punched heart shape. That idea came to me after completing the card, as I am meeting two wonderful friends for coffee today,  I wanted this card to be a friendship Valentine for these women who are faithful to meet with me for prayer for each other often. Their friendship is precious because we know that strength is derived when two or more are gathered to pray faithfully for each other. What a blessing to have friends like these...but I have to say that this friendship has taken much intentionality on my part...perseverance to contact, prepare in ways of hospitality with a home cooked soup or easy supper, hosting groups often and with prayer as the focus...but out of that has come deep roots and a desire to continue to meet, encourage, edify, and pray for one another. I do believe that these efforts are more than worth it and it is also pleasing to God when we meet together to pray! 
Thank you so much for your visit today. May you be blessed!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Traci, I love your tree and agree that this is a special stamp set! I love how you've used it, adding that precious heart! I so agree with your about having wonderful friends with whom you can pray...what a blessing to be able to share our joys and sorrows and take them to the Lord. Yes, it does take intentionality, but it is so worth it! Hugs, and have a wonderful day with your sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tree full of hearts... Oh I would adore something like that. Very sweet and pretty all in one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card and yes, I love that tree too. What a wonderful sister in Christ you are, may we all learn from you in hospitality. :)..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!