Sunday, September 14, 2014

Baby Card at Midnight

I am probably the only one who does this...decide on the way to bed at night to take one last peek into my stamp room...and unintentionally starting a card around midnight. Which is why I try not to do that. But this was a quickie card and almost embarrassing to post because of the lack of time put into it...although I have to say, I really like the vintage feel.
I used a retired Flourishes baby stamp set. First I ran a (new to me) Cuttlebug Embossing  frame (Rebecca) which helped to set off the images and gave me corners where there were none! Stamped on So Saffron designer series paper by SU! in a brown memento ink, first the chair, then the saying, then the ducky in the upper corner. I liked the balance. I didn't want to color, but just used a single copic to add a little "shading" to the images, and then brown pearls to finish off. Matted on a chocolate chip brown with a Very Vanilla card base. (SU!)
I liked that I didn't have to color. The stamps pretty much set the tone for the feel of this card. Even though it was simple, I liked the way it turned out.
Thanks for stopping by...wishing you a relaxing weekend!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

1 comment:

  1. This is precious Traci. I love the embossing and paper. I am just coming home at midnight :), but to tired to stamp..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!