Saturday, May 24, 2014

Unabashedly Upbeat and Word Art Wednesday Challenge

I am catching up on playing in a few of my favorite blog challenges over the weekend. It has been pouring rain and last night we had flash flood warnings just a couple of miles from us. We are also watching our daughter's black lab mix dog while they go on a fun little weekend trip...so it seems a good time to do a little stamping retreat! I love the encouraging scripture that Word Art Wednesday shares each week! It is wonderful to read scripture and when you make a card with it...the words have time to really seep in and you can meditate on it while you create.
This card was also inspired by the challenges over at Power Poppy using this month's digital released floral! The inspiration picture is an album cover  from Jazz Artist Thelonius Monk.
The challenge was to take any inspiration from the above album cover and make a card with it. I used a sheet of embossed paper as my canvas. I then used a water brush and just brush stroked LuminArte' in various shades over the paper, blending here and there. I did the same treatment with the peonies image. The card base and floral image were matted in black. A strip of silver edged ribbon dresses up the side, while tiny rhinestones add a little more glitz. 
To say this was a real challenge for me would be a true statement...I am so glad I tried it and could use the beautiful scripture to encourage a friend!!
Thanks for your visit as always. May you be blessed!!

7 comments:

  1. Traci, This is obviously a labor of love. We like to see your wonderful art here at Word Art Wednesday. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. God Bless, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN take on this challenge Traci! I love the soft wash of color and your layout is divine! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you did with the LuminArte is so gorgeous! I'd say this is a perfect card for both challenges. I can hardly believe how obviously inspired by the album cover it appears. Beautiful peonies. Great job, Traci!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your peonies are gorgeous! Love the background too! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traci, how fun to come to your blog and just browse around again. Loved seeing you at your crafting desk! Sweet. Your cards are gorgeous as always. You are so very talented and I just love where your heart lives. Thank you so much for joining us at Word Art Wednesday for this week's challenge. We hope to see you back tomorrow or later in the week with another inspiration for us all. We so appreciate your participation.
    Diane Noble (DT-WAW)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful! Thanks for playing with Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Traci. I love the soft colors you chose. I have been trying really hard to relax when I stamp lately. It is my "praying" time. So happy to see you designing with my favorites. Thanks for making me smile today when I opened up my mailbox. That card is the exact same color as my stamping space. Love ya. Keep me posted on all those wedding plans.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!