Friday, May 9, 2014

Pop Goes the World Challenge!!

I have been waiting expectantly, excitedly, impatiently...for the first Power Poppy Challenge!! These are some of my very favorite stamps, so intricately detailed with beautiful fonts and realistic images.
I am just a little bit embarrassed to say when I saw this challenge photo:
I thought we were looking at some exotic place around the world from me...the colors reminded me of India, and I guess I didn't look too closely at the photo because in my mind, that barn resembled a pyramid.It must have been a bit too early this morning for me to concentrate...So imagine my surprise when I  read that the "world destination" of this beautiful photograph was actually in my own backyard...Loveland, Colorado!! Oh my, I giggled over that one...it really is a small world, isn't it? Loveland is about 10 minutes south of my Fort Collins home, and I drive the rural route often. We definitely need to get out more to see some of these gorgeous sunsets, though.
So for my card, I used the Power Poppy digital stamp, Peonies! I love these flowers so much that I tried planting one in my backyard a few years back. The area where I planted used to be a vegetable garden and gets a lot of afternoon sun. It hasn't flourished well...probably because it is lonely. I think I will try to plant a couple more where we recently pulled up a bunch of vines and see how they do in an area that isn't quite as  neglected.
I was inspired by the purple and grass green hues and used just a touch of the yellow in the flower centers. The papers are from a retired Flourishes Paper Collection: Crocus ; as well as the ribbon. I used a My Favorite Things Weekly sketch as well.
I love the font on this sentiment, don't you? I used a Kaisercraft Sparklet to accent the seam binding ribbon.
I would tell you the copics used...but there are too many as for some reason my printer ink wanted to bleed...so after a bit of leaving alone...I came in with some deeper violets to" hide" some of the ink bleeds.
I am still working on digital stamping and with the wonderful Power Poppy team tutorials as well as amazingly talented team; I will get this down eventually. 
Here is the sketch challenge at MFT blog:

That's it for today...as always, thanks for dropping by...I love reading each and every comment and connecting this way with you!!



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

8 comments:

  1. Traci this is beautiful! The peonies look gorgeous, and that’s one thing I love about Copics, you can really get some deeper shades so that things can be “hidden” if you need them :) Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy! So fun to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY Tracy!!! This is gorgeous! Your coloring is out of this world and love the sketch you used for your creation -- just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci, your coloring is out of this world, and you did feminine wonders with the sketch by using those pretty peonies and lovely lacy parts. I'm so happy to see you jumping in there with this challenge. I have sometimes has issues with my printer ink not being dry enough when I'm ready to color, too. Usually I don't get to them right away and they have plenty of time to dry. Maybe I'll try that heat setting idea sometime. Anyway, I see not a single smear, smudge, or flaw of any kind in your coloring. Whatever it was you covered it up beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out just beautiful Tracy. Your coloring is fabulous and oh do I like these in lavendar. Great sketch too. Okay had to giggle since this is in your backyard. :-) Hey you have a piece of home even if you thought it was not. hee hee Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traci, your coloring is exquisite! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! The coloring is stunning on this card. I love the colors you used and the doily around the image. Really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning Traci! The colouring of your blooms is wonderful. Thanks for playing along with our first official challenge at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful my friend. I LOVE your coloring. I think you do a fantastic job with digital images. I always let mine dry overnight or use a heat tool. I have found that using X-Press It cardstock works the best. It pools your ink on top and blends like a hot knife through butter..hehe. I think you have to have 2 peony bushes to get pretty blooms. These are my favorite. My mom had them in her yard. Hope you had a great Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!