Friday, May 23, 2014

Peonies in Corals~Get Sketchy Challenge!!

I have been so enjoying the challenges at Power Poppy stamps! This Friday is a sketch challenge! What a pretty sketch to feature these peonies...the delicate lines and fun details! I resized the Peonies digital for the floral image. 
Here is my card recipe:
Stamps: Power Poppy Digital Peonies
Paper: PTI Kraft, SU! Chocolate Chip, Calypso Coral , SU! DSP (retired)
Dies: Spellbinders , Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Doilies
Copics for Coloring
Accessories: Lace by May Arts, striped coral by SU! (retired)
2 Kaiser Sparklets

I have been trying something new to me: when coloring an image, I am coloring two! This gives me an extra for later, and cuts down on my brain having to think too hard which color combinations work together. I am finding it easier to be inspired and keep the copics coloring while they are still out on my desk. It also makes cards come together faster if I already have a colored image.
Thanks to Power Poppy for the fun challenge. The challenge goes through the end of this month, so you still have lots of time to join in!
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Your coloring of the peonies is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Beautiful! Love the peonies in coral and so beautifully framed! Gorgeous card!! Thanks for playing the Power Poppy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my -- gorgeous coloring!!!! So incredibly beautiful Traci!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These peonies of yours are some of the most beautiful I've seen yet! The color is gorgeous and your execution of the coloring is outstanding. Great use of the sketch, too. I love coral. I still have some of the old SU! coral -- Cameo Coral? I need to use up some of those old colors. I like your idea of coloring multiples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traci, your coloring is absolutely stunning! Your color palette is so pretty and feminine...perfect for peonies! You really made that sketch shine....I am so glad you could play along with us for Power Poppy's Get Sketchy challenge! You aced it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, elegant card!! Your peonies are so richly colored and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning coloring! Love the lace you used on the sketch! Thanks for playing with Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!