Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Daydream Designs~Sending you Love

Hi there sweet friends! I am writing this post on the afternoon before leaving to my parent's home. This is quite an involved trip, over a couple of mountain passes, and the forecast is snow!
But, thanks to Daydream Designs new printables, I had time to make 4 cards! Normally I would not even attempt a card the day before a big trip...packing, baking cookies, errands, cleaning, laundry...etc...but these only took a few minutes, literally to make. So today I am showing you two of my cards made from the "Sending You Love Printables 1" set.
This looks pretty 3-dimensional, doesn't it? All of the layers are printed out for you...so all I did was print, mat my layer on a SU! Pool Party and Regal Rose card stocks. Then I added a regal rose twill bow tied in a simple knot, some pink cotton candy stickles around the chalkboard (although the second matted layer looks sparkly, I did not add stickles to that...it just prints that way!!) Then I wanted the cherry to pop even more, so I added some SU! Crystal Effects and a bit more stickles to the cupcake swirls. Easy!

Here is another printable from the same "Sending You Love Printables 1" Set at Daydream Designs store! Again, all the matting and layering are done for you...all I did was mat on a basic black and textured deep red from my stash, then I added a small acrylic circle to the heart "brad," and a few tiny rhinestones to the ticket and script, and a simple knotted gingham bow. This card is a large 5 1/2 inch square...so it makes a bold statement. Surely this would work for a man or woman...I have yet to decide!
I have prescheduled posts this week because I do not know how long I will be gone. My Mom, in the advanced stages of Multiple Sclerosis, has been having a lot of difficulty swallowing for over a month and has lost a lot of weight to her already thin frame. She is scheduled for surgery on Wednesday, January 30th, to hopefully stretch her throat to allow food to pass more easily. I have been so emotional this past week...one of those trips that I am not looking forward to; but it is necessary to be there and hopefully offer some comfort and encouragement. I know the Lord will go before me and He already knows the outcome, so I am placing my trembling hand in His...and trusting in His care for all of us. Thank you so much in advance for your friendship, concern, and prayers.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Traci. I especially love the first one with the pink and blue. You have colored your cupcake wonderfully and I like the cupcake dp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to showcase these two new printables. It looks like you did a lot of work, when it really was all ready done before you got them. I am praying for you my friend. Praying for strength and for peace! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Traci,

    Adorable designs. Love those colors on #1, and the 2nd..what a great guy card.

    xo
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. By now, I'm sure her surgery is over, but I'll pray for good results and her recovery! And for wisdom for you and your family!!

    Beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Traci and do hope your mom's surgery went well will keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun and fabulous! Love your cards and the way you staged the printables. I know I certainly need some time savers in my creations, and you've done a wonderful job showing us how to do that and still have cute creations. Love your work....and praying for you as always, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!