Monday, December 3, 2012

Let's Warm Up Together!


 
click on photo for a close up view!
So, it's that time of year when we are all in need of quick gifts. I have a few precious ladies in my church that I am a mentor mom to and wanted to give them a little stamped card that contains a gift...maybe they call that a gift card?! My project today uses Sweet Warm Ups Colorized version (which also includes the cute colored inside sentiments bundled together!) and the Sweet Warm Ups Digital Paper. When you have to make multiple little cards/projects, these colorized versions are a lifesaver. I love that I can just size, click and print. And then embellish away to my hearts content!
 I saw this design on a you tube video by Diana Gibbs.
As you can see, the outside flap was embossed with a snowflake embossing folder, then fresh snow ink (PTI) was lightly brushed over the embossed areas to highlight the snow.
This is the outside of 5 1/2" wide gift card holder that is held together with a belly band. The cute snowman latte mug and striped candy cane paper is from Daydream Designs store.
The second photo is the belly band removed. The inside pockets are formed by a regular size invitation envelope. The envelope holds two 2" x 4" cards (one for a gift card and the other pocket to contain a short note.)
You can find the You Tube video by Diana Gibbs here!


I used one insert and side punched it to hold a Starbucks gift card in place, the other is white card stock with a punched top label to dress it up!! The white one is empty so I can add a short Christmas wish.

I just love the festive look of this set! I used the same candy cane striped paper to border the inside flap of my pocket and punched it with a snowflake punch! I want to thank our newest Daydream Design team member, Stephanie, for getting me started with this idea. She used a different design...which you can find on Stephanie's blog here. The titled post is Expressly for You (just scroll down a few entries.)
You can pay a visit to the Daydream Designs store here and get started on your own Christmas cards and projects!!
Thanks for paying me a visit today...our day here is in the high 60's but I still have been busy baking and drinking my cup of coffee...wish you could join me!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

3 comments:

  1. TRACI....do you hear me squealing?! I love this! And you know what? I need to make two gift card holders this week. I believe I'll make one from your design and one like Steph's....oh, I'm so excited. This is just adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! What a great gift card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling. What a fun giftcard holder, very sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!