Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Flourishes Christmas in Pink and Blue!

It's the Timeless Tuesday challenge this week  at Flourishes stamps!  You can visit their blog here, and play along with the challenges.The challenge issued by the team is to make a non-traditional colored Christmas card. I love Flourishes stamps and have been collecting them almost since they first began producing them. They are the highest quality, detailed and gorgeous artwork with a definite "flourish," which suits my romantic side quite well!!
I am also entering the challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. They have a beautiful complimentary scripture available when you visit their blog which you can use on your cards or projects!
I so enjoyed this challenge, using two of my favorite sets, the first "Flourish of Trees" with the sentiment from the "Alleluia Angel" set and the Decorative Labels 8 by Spellbinders. The tree was stamped with PTI soft stone ink, then versamarked and dazzling diamonds embossed. I matched up this iridescent ribbon with Purely Pomegranate paper to back the water colored card front. The sentiment is stamped in PP and framed with the Spellbinders "Ribbon Banners." Pink and champagne pearls finished this off.

I used a set I purchased on sale after Christmas from Flourishes last year, "Alleluia Angels," to make this second card. The background paper is some specialty embossed paper that I inked with Tim Holtz "Broken China" distressed ink. The Angel was inked in the same color, and the sentiment is embossed with silver embossing powder and adorned with the silver "pearls." A single white ribbon strip is layered beneath the frame. Labels 25 from Spellbinders frames the angel.
I had a lot of fun and encourage you to join in the challenge this week!



Now I have Christmas cards for both our daughters made.
Which one do you like best?
I appreciate your visit so much at such a busy time of year! Today I worked my regular volunteer shift at Meals on Wheels. The office is getting ready to distribute Christmas stockings to all the MOW recipients...this year due to the huge donations from all the volunteers, the stockings will be full of fun and useful items, plus a few little treats, too!
Hope you are enjoying all your Christmas preparations!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

5 comments:

  1. Your art is absolutely gorgeous, Traci. I really enjoy visiting your blog to see your work, and I'm grateful to you for sharing in our challenges. You are such a blessing, and I'm grateful for your participation.
    Have a blessed week, and feel free to share any other cards you make this week (up to 5 per week). I LOVE seeing your art!
    Have a blessed week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Traci! Each is so different, but both lovely. I especially am loving that fancy floral frame on the red bg. I ordered that frame too and am waiting for it to come. :) Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful holiday cards Traci! Great use of all those beautiful stamps. Thanks for joining us for the Timeless Tuesday Challenge! I hope you'll join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous white treee Traci. My favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!