Sunday, November 25, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Final Challenge



Good Sunday morning, friends. Today is our final challenge for Stampin' Sisters in Christ. As I write this post, I am at our mountain condo in Steamboat Springs for the weekend. We have Pandora playing on our speakers, and "O Holy Night" with Bing Crosby crooning in the background...setting a lovely feeling of peace.
But the truth is, life has been at a rushed pace at my house. Thanksgiving plans at my husband's Dad's home took a turn of surprise and concern as my Father-in-law, the patriarch of the family, began talking to us at the dinner table about "advanced directives," and who is designated "power of attorney," later changing the topic of conversation to talks of the election and the lack of "change," and after dinner my sister- in- law and I lamenting the direction of our country interrupted by  my young nephew as he began to cry and complained of feeling "really sick," began a bark-like cough just a few minutes before I headed for the drive home. Then the frantic call from my sister-in-law saying please say a prayer for her son as he just had a seizure and his face was turning all colors as I am navigating the highway at night in my car. Next day, drive up to our Steamboat mountain hideaway, hauling boxes of Christmas decorations to prepare for the family coming at Christmas, and yet, all these recent pictures and conversations playback in my mind...assault my thoughts...and threatens to steal my peace. If this reads like a run-on sentence, maybe that is how my life feels at times. One long run-on sentence...but Christ came to punctuate my life with His peace. Period.
  Where do you find peace? Where do I find peace? It certainly does not lie in the present world events. Peace is not a condition; it is a Presence. We will not find it in our government, our appointed President or those in high positions. Our families, as much as we love them through their idosyncrasies,  most are not perfect, and all are skewed.  I know I am. We dare not search for peace in relationships; although we are called to be ambassadors for Christ...and reconcilers when we can be.  But the only relationship completely trustworthy and true is the one we can have with Christ when we trust in Him as the only One who can save us from our sins.  The same Jesus that we celebrate as the baby in the wooden trough (manger) humbled himself and put on human flesh, but never abandoned his Deity. That same Christ is coming again soon, as King!!

Our verse today is specifically chosen by the wonderful Kristine Breach, Stampin' Sisters in Christ founder and administrator. In celebration of the Prince of Peace, and the beginning of advent, we wanted to focus our hearts and minds on the Christmas story. May you find the perfect peace of Christ this Christmas.
Please visit the Stampin' Sisters in Christ blog and join us for our final challenge! You can find Kris's devotion there, and join in with your own Christmas card or project.




For my project, I chose these beautiful digital papers and images from Daydream Designs. (found here.)I made a covered tissue box using two separate papers from two sets. One was a border that I used on the top borders, then I used the wreath image with the candle and poinsettia framed out with circle dies. I love the beautiful Christmas papers recently added to the Daydream Designs store. I can print just the amount I need, so there is no waste!  Glittery red ribbon was used on the top and bottom bands to frame out the box and as a bow on the wreath. The poinsettia was paper toled and a glitter pen and gold stickles for little bits of sparkle.
The tutorial for this tissue box is found on SCS. (Splitcoast Stampers under the Resources tab.) I have always wanted to try one of these, and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be. I may even try to make a few more as gifts.

And then with the bits of scraps, I decided to fashion a card to accompany the tissue box. A little bit of embossing on the cheery red and accented with a doily...this made up very quickly.

Challenge: Make a Christmas Card or Project
The Sponsor: Doodle Pantry
The Prize: 3 Doodle Pantry images

I hope you have enjoyed the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenges! This past year has been a wonderful blessing to engage my creative side with my passion for Christ and combine the two to hopefully bless others. The bond with the women on the SSiC Design team has elevated my desire to know and love Christ and share Him with others. Our team has formed a bond of friendship that I am sure will continue as God enables.
Thanks so much for your participation! And may you be blessed with the peace of Christ as you prepare your heart for Christmas this year!

8 comments:

  1. Traci...beautiful post, gorgeous card and tissue holder. I love how you've combined the images and papers...stunning! And that doily is so sweet tucked under the wreath. What an amazing journey this has been through sharing on SSIC. I'm so grateful we are still connected through Daydream Designs, but most of all that we are always and forever sisters in Christ and friends. Love your art and your heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful box and card!! Thanks for sharing your heart, too!! So thankful for the peace that passes understanding!!
    Sorry to see SSIC go, but glad to still be connected with DD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci - These 2 projects are so precious! You did a lovely job using the DP. I really need to give them a try. I am thankful to still be on a DT with you and look forward to still hearing how your family is doing.
    Many blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci, your box and card are so wonderful this week! Thank you for taking the time to do up a "last challenge" post! I know you've had such a busy, chaotic week, and so it means a lot that you felt it important enough to do this. I am sure going to miss being on this DT with you. Your friendship is a treasure... and you always have words of wisdom to share... thank you!! Praying you have a peaceful Christmas with those you love most. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome! Love that ribbon! The box is awesome and the colors are wonderful. I am so glad that we will stay connected through DD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tissue box and card, Traci. You truly have a gift for expressing your thoughts and emotions so beautifully through the written word. I hope that things have settled down for you since Sunday and that you have found His peace to see you through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I love your tissue box, what a clever idea :) and your card is gorgeous too and the doily behind the image :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure hope your nephew is okay and they found out the source or atleast got him on some medicine. Poor thing, I can send a card to them even thought I know this happened a few weeks ago. Just PM or email me. ;0) This is a beautiful project and I adore the tissue holder. You girls had a beuatiful challenge going and I am thankful you have developed a great bond together. You relax and find the peace you need sweetie. God leads us in different directions in all stages, its a matter of listening that is our job. I tell that for myself more than anything right now. hee hee hugs.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!