Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Snow Play

Just taking some time to "play" before the Thanksgiving countdown begins at my house. I love this new set at the Daydream Designs stamp store! The set comes with several colorized versions paper pieced with the matching paper (Winter Chill) also available in the store...so you have a perfectly matched card. I always wanted to color coordinate this way while going out in the snow; don't you just love her little argyle hat with the purple pom pom?

Here is a little close up, where you can see her boots and hat popped up and all the detail of glitter on the snowballs and circles. I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge for my card...the circles reminded me of snowballs!
I had to use a higher contrast camera setting to get a clearer picture; the colors are a bit more muted than this. The Snowbabies set also has an accompanying sentiment set which I used for the flag banner across the bottom. Such a fun set!!
So, according to the weather, it is supposed to be near 72 degrees tomorrow. Not the best for my husband and daughter's plans to ski in the mountains this weekend...but perfect weather for driving to Grandad's for Thanksgiving! But we are sure to have snow soon...what is the weather where you are?
Thanks so much for stopping in...I hope my card gave you a smile today.



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

8 comments:

  1. This is really cute!! I love the embossed snowflakes and the glitter on the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dainty card and love your embossing and paper piecing. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. God bless!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, how appropriate for this time of year. All the children are dreaming of snow and how much fun they can have. Your card is happy , the layout with snowflake embossing, snowflake DSP and circles everywhere to keep that snow ball fantasy alive. Thank you for posting with us at WAW.
    Psalm 103 Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun, Traci! I love the way you've staged the little snowbaby...the circle sketch is a great one. Such a sweet card. Always love your artwork. So talented! I'm so blessed to call you friend and a dreamer too. I appreciate all you do as a member of the Dream Team! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. Love the colors. And the jacket paper-piecing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the purples, so pretty! And I like your layout, this is one sweet little card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww this is just the cutest !! love it and the whole layout too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Oh my goodness... now that is just too darn adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!