Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Daydreaming with You~Grateful~



Good morning, friends! I have a bit of time this morning, and since the nip of Fall is in the air, the trees are getting ready to lose their leaves after our first snowfall, and it is Almost Thanksgiving...I wanted to share this little altered project I made with you. I bought a  couple of small cans of almonds at our local Walgreen's the other day, buy one get one free...and then I noticed as I was munching on one that the  lid was the prettiest pumpkin-y orange. So, using Diane's Digital Daydream Designs , "Blessings of the Harvest" set, I altered this can in about 10 minutes. I just printed off the "Grateful" sentiment and added two of the Indian corn images cut out and mounted them on a PTI die cut. I already had the paper, and the twine and paper match the pretty colors in the Indian corn. I plan on giving this to our neighbors as a little gift.
Oh, and the orange tag has "Mister Huey's" color mist in opaque white added  to give it some texture; just added that to my collection of stuff to try out.
You can check out these projects by visiting Daydream Designs store...there are lots of beautiful digital papers added recently and new releases for Christmas!
I can not believe Thanksgiving is just a little over a week away, can you? I think we will be going to my husband's Dad's home in Denver and toting along a lot of food to feed my Brother-in-law's 12 kids! This is the first year our oldest daughter will not be with us. She is flying to New York to spend 10 days with her boyfriend's family. Life is always changing, isn't it?
Thank you so much for popping in as part of your busy day!! I love knowing you were here!


4 comments:

  1. Such a fun, creative idea for little gifts this Christmas. I love altered items and this one is so warm and wonderful. Love the topper label and embellies. Fabulous, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous altered project!! I just love the colors and your details. Perfect for Thanksgiving!! So creative!! I love when I find items like this to alter!! Hope all is well!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you go being clever and creative, again! I love this cute altered project, Traci. It makes a wonderful little gift. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful altered project Tracy always looking for things to alter hubby thinks I am a pack rat, but anyone would be happy to get a gift ibn this pretty container.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!