Sunday, September 9, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ



Good morning, friends! Today's Stampin' Sisters in Christ is bring a scripture verse and accompanying card/project challenge from our friend, Jerusha.
The Scripture:

Romans 3:23-24 " For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins."

I always love to read the Sunday devotional...and you can find it on the Stampin' Sisters in Christ blog here.

Jerusha's challenge: Use only bright colors, no neutrals, blacks, browns, etc...
Our Challenge Sponsor:  The Craft's Meow-A stamp set of the winner's choice!! After taking a look at the store, I adore these stamps, and am going to have to order a couple of sets, soon. So very cute, and original!

My card was fashioned from a digital image from Diane's Daydream Designs Digital Store found here and  on my sidebar. I am still practicing my digital skills, and learning as I go. I thought this owl was so cute and love all the fun sentiments, and it made up into a pretty cheerful lil owl card. This image was colored in with copic markers, and once completed, I added little brown pearls for the polka dots and embellishments. The orange panel is embossed with a "wood" folder from Papertrey Ink. The designer papers are leftovers I had. I found one single solitary piece of SU! Taken with Teal and used that as part of my color scheme.

We hope you have an opportunity this week to get your Stampin' On and have fun joining us in the bright colored card challenge!
See you soon!

10 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love that image, it is so cute! I am loving this card. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great owl card!! I love the bright colors and your owl is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci, I love that owl! what fun. The colors are wonderful. Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Traci how sweet and adorable your card is love that background and your colors are so bright and cheerful.....and that image cute cute cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traci - So cute!! Love the paper and the sentiment made me smile! You are doing great with your digis!! Keep going!!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Traci! Your owl card is soooo adorable! Love those DP's and bright colors! That wood grain looks amazing! Hope you have a blessed week!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute owl and such a great combination of colors! I have that one printed out on a sheet and going to use it soon. You're doing a great job using the digis, keep up the good work! The Sunday devos help me out through the week too, I appreciate them so much. Wishing you a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! I love your bright cheerful owl card! Love the orange woodgrain look paper! Awesome! Have a blessed day! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Know I'm waaay behind on commenting and visiting everyone's blogs. I've really missed it and felt so out of touch. LOVE this card, Traci! You've done a fantastic job with these little owls and I can tell this little sweetie is so happy to be on your card. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!