Thursday, September 6, 2012

Owl Always Love You






I have never invested in an owl stamp set before. Shocker, I know...why? I am such a practical  realist, I don't like spending money on things that I don't think I would get full use of.   Yet every time I would see an owl card, I would get all giddy. Well, these owls and sentiments from Diane's Designs are so adorable!! There are so many different owls and each one with the sweetest expressions...and tons of sentiments to fit pretty much "owl" occasions! And the best part is, they are much less expensive than wood, rubber, or acrylics.  I would encourage you to take a quick peek in Diane's store by clicking on her button located in my sidebar.  Here is a direct link to the Owl set.  
So... I am delighted to bring you this design. I confess, this is not an original design. I found it on pinterest and saved it for future use. I did create the inside design, though, and printed out the sentiment and added it to a circle that was embossed with the wood embossing folder I just ordered from Papertrey Ink. The card front is also embossed with the same folder, the bottom corners rounded, and a circle cut out on the top panel. I ran over the top of the embossing with TH walnut stain ink to weather the tree a bit. I then added chocolate brown pearls for the eyes, and stickles for the pink hair bow. A couple of pearls were also added to the inside sentiment. The branch and leaves are a Sizzix die. I die cut two branches for the front of the card, one in a neutral cardstock, and the other in this cute polka dot paper. What is it about owls and polka dots that surpass the cuteness factor?  The owls are paper pieced and also colored in with copics, then cut out and popped up on the branches for some added dimension. I like that the Mommy owl is looking down on her little owl and watching over her from her tree perch.  Why a her, you ask? Well, she just looks kind of sweet and feminine I think. And this will most likely go to one of my daughters.
So this picture was taken late at night where shadows lurk...there are no real shadows on the card.
Thanks so much for your visit today. I hope this card brings you a smile.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

5 comments:

  1. owl ... looooove this Traci ♥ Im a owl lover and got to hold 3 live owls 3 years ago, it was always something I dreamt of, they are amazing, beautiful creatures :) just adoring your card , made me smile xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Traci!! These owls are very cute and I love the papers!
    I think this would make a cute anniversary card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! I love the embossing and the owls are adorable!! I had to become a follower since we have the same first name and last initials! :)
    Tracy M :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci, this is way over the top in cuteness. Love the peek-a-boo mommy lookin out on her girl! You are so right, polka dots and owls...perfect combo. Love it, gf. You rocked the owls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever! I love it!!! It's just so adorable! Blessings! ~H

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!