Monday, September 17, 2012

 We are so excited to launch our first Daydream Designs Blog Hop! We have a fabulous line up of fun fall-themed projects to share with you. We hope you will be inspired and enjoy the hop. You also have several ways to earn a chance to win some great prizes:




OUR SPONSOR:





THE PRIZES:

1. Leave a comment on each of the blogs below.

One random winner will be selected to win one FREE set of choice (including digi paper packs)

from Daydream Designs!!


2. Leave a comment on each blog above AND create your own fall-themed project to link

on the last blog of the blog hop, Vicki's Pink Posh Cards.

If you participate in both of these ways your name will be entered

for random selection to win THREE FREE sets of your choice (including paper packs).

*********************************************************************************
I made a couple of cards for today's hop using the Owl Always Love You set.


This first one uses the colorized images in the set, and one of the Owl digi papers available in the perfectly coordinated digital paper pack.  The tree is cut using a Labels 8 nestability die. The wise owl on the branch was cut out and placed there, while the cutie owl was punched with a circle punch, layered on a pink flower diecut and a couple of hand cut felt leaves were added. I left off ribbon and bling as I have in mind to give this to my husband, even though it has a bit of pink in it. :)
This card actually tells a story...my husband and I were sitting on our back deck last week when a huge owl swooped in and landed just above us on the roof perched next to the chimney. I had heard this owl was roosting in our neighborhood, but it still surprised me with its amazing largeness and presence and those eyes...wow! I was so impressed, I did a lot of google searches on owls that night...as far as I can tell, ours was a Great Horned Owl. My eyes were about the size of this owls watching that magnificent bird. Did you know owls eat bats? That is a good thing, as we have had an infestation of bats and a few other stories to go along with that one...
My next card I made using the scraps  from the first card, and a small Kraft envelope. I sized the card narrow (3.5 inches) which was just wide enough for this little picket fence die for the owl to perch itself on. The sentiments are from the Owl Always Love you set. Since the set is colorized;  it was easy to make a second card and decorate the envelope front with one of the extra printed images.




Pretty cute, huh? This is my first time using digital papers...you pick out one paper, print it off, and use it. No waste!! I love that.  I really like this card...even though I know there are no checked valances in the sky or owls floating mid-air either...it is fun and whimsical and with the fence popped up it has a lot of dimension. And a fun way to perk up someones day, don't you think?
Thanks so much for taking a look today and stopping by on our very first blog hop! We are so glad you came.

15 comments:

  1. What darling cards! And I love your story. It must have been a little scary and wonderful all at the same time. A fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci both of your cards are so cute and sweet those Owls are adorable and love how you have used them on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Traci, these are uber adorable!!! Isn't digital paper so much fun?! :) I especially love the little owl sitting in the tree. Both your cards are wonderful! Have a blessed week! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci, these are jaw-dropping gorgeous and stinkin' cute...and let me tell you, it doesn't get much better than that! I LOVE your cute little owl cards. They are beautifully laid out, and I love the scalloped valance...no parameters for realism when you are creating cuties like these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute. I love the little owl sitting on the fence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweet Traci! Your card is super adorable, as always. I'm so excited and humbled to become a part of Daydream Designs Dream Team. I look forward to getting started!
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow the perfect paper to use with the owl. Thanks for the opportunity to win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are soooo cute!! I love both designs -- and your owl story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Traci - Love these!! You did a great job on both! LOVE the owl in the circle on the envelope :) So cute!!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. your cards are gorgeous!!! Traci :) love these owls, I think these are gonna be a great hit, tooooo cute!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Traci, your owl cards are absolutely adorable! You have showcased the DDD stamps/papers perfectly! Great job!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those owls and your owl tale! Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so late in joining in on the hop, it is emabressing! I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it and I love this card. Love it! So fun! Those owls are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sort of like the green border you have on your blog now but I miss my friend's posts. :) Hope that things are going well taking care of family and looking forward to seeing your lovely stamping creations soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so cute Traci. I love the picket fence. It seems perfect for this card. That paper is adorable. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!