Sunday, August 26, 2012

SSiC~Dabbling in Digital

Good morning stampers!
Today we have a new scripture, devotional, and challenge to go with it at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! This week our devotional is given by my beautiful friend, Diane Noble. Diane is a gifted writer and I know the Lord has been giving her a lot of insight, so I will not be adding anything to it this week.
The Scripture:
Isaiah 64:8  "Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand."
The challenge: Use punches, dies, or shapes of any kind.
We have an anonymous sponsor this week that will be giving a generous "grab bag" of stamps. How fun is that? So we hope you get a chance to stamp and play along this week.

My card today is my debut at a new stamping venture for me. I am excited to announce that I have been asked and happily agreed to serve on my friend, Diane Noble's, Design Team promoting her digital stamps and papers!  Diane opened her new store, Daydream Designs, this month! It was a long time dream of hers, and I am so thrilled to play a small role in making her dreams come true. My friend and founder of Stampin' Sisters in Christ, Kris Breach, is the colorist in producing beautiful matching digital papers and colored designs.
For my card, I used one of the colored images in "The Perfect Blend" set and added a bit more shading with my red copics on the mug. I used my Spellbinders round lacy circles to make a round card for this challenge, and a tiny red doily backing from Martha Stewart.   The inside has a little pocket for adding a little something extra...the sentiment is from "Coffee with Friends." I love that font!!
While digital is a definite learning curve for me; the advantages of resizing my images and sentiments were immediately clear to me...and I love the choice of fonts in Diane's sentiments! I hope you make a visit to Diane's store.
I'll be drinking my cuppa latte now and checking out your fun creations soon! Have a wonderfully blessed week!


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Traci... cute card and love the inside too!! Great job with the liquid applique. Hope you have a blessed new week!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci, this is stunning! Looks like your first dabbling into digital went better than mine! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who is new to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you hear me clapping my hands?! I truly am! Good for you, gf! This is completely, perfectly adorable. Love everything about it! I'm so very blessed, Traci, that you are on my team. I love your heart...and your art! Both are a treasure to me! Thanks for all your sweetness....oh, I'm gonna clap again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card! Love the circle card look and the inside is as cute as the outside! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traci - This is a fun card! Perfect for a coffee lover! The sentiment inside is so fun! You did a great job with the digis!!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card Traci, love the shape!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy and delish! I like that its round and good for you getting into digi, my printer won't do them. So the few I have I had my friend print them at her house. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! What a great card, fun for every person who loves a good cup of coffee or tea! Wonderful. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute, Traci!! I love the "foam" on the cup! I'd take mine on hot chocolate instead of coffee, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! I love your circle card! Great job using 2 dps on this! Very creative! Hope you're having a blessed week!~H

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did such a good job on this card. Love the red and chocolate color combo. How nice that you made it a circle. I struggle with shaped cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you did a marvelous job Traci and love the classic color combo of brown and red.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Traci! Oh what an adorable card...makes me want a cup of coffee right now! I LOVE all the dots everywhere! Great job!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Traci.
    Love your beautiful card you did such a great job using the shape card and your colors are awesome your detailing stunning all and all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!