Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Spring!

Good morning stampers!! We have had beautiful spring weather this week in our part of the country here in Colorado! Unseasonably warm for sure! We are pretty sure there is more snow in our future, but this weather has us tricked into thinking spring is actually here to stay!
Today's Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge is brought to us by our friend MariLynn. The verse MariLynn chose this week is:
Psalm 104:19 He made the moon to mark the seasons...
The challenge this week is to make a card that shows the change of seasons.
Our challenge sponsor is a complimentary stamp set from Taylored Expressions!
Please visit our Stampin Sisters in Christ blog to read today's devotional in full and enjoy the DT cards.
I used this lovely stamp set from Flourishes...and wanting to try something a bit different, the nest was stamped on Kraft paper with versamark ink and white embossed. Then copics were used to color in the eggs and leaves. I had a bit of a challenge figuring the layout once the nest was hand cut...it just didn't seem to "fit" anywhere on my card. But use it I must, and I did and I liked it when it was all done!  This beautiful floral paper was given to me awhile back by a friend...it is one of those prints that reminds me so much of something from my childhood...maybe a dress I had? It just gives me such a warm feeling inside when I see it, perfect for this spring card!
I love playing along in these challenges based on scripture and seeing what the DT creates as well as you!! Thanks so much for visiting today...I wish you a blessed week filled with a bit of the loveliness of spring!

11 comments:

  1. Oh Traci! This is just beautiful! It certainly speaks "spring". I would have never thought to color in an image on kraft paper. I really like this technique. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that beautiful bkgd really capture my attention....love how you combined pattern and texture.....beautifully created, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Love the textured background and burst of color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci, I love it! The colors are so pretty and "Spring"-like! I really like how you did the background. So pretty! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. The embossing is a great touch with the vibrant colors. Traci your background look awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Traci.. I love the way you stamped on Kraft and embossed. Your colors are perfect. We have been HOT here. Too much too soon. This is a beautiful scripture. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this card is beautiful! great job very spring. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Traci - the embossing looks so good! Everything about this card is perfect! Thank you for always inspiring, with words and your art! God bless you - I am praying for you and your DH as he recovers!! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at all the patterns and texture on this card, so beautiful! And the bird's nest in the midst of the flowery paper is just like a bird nest in the midst of a garden. Neat technique, I'll have to try that some time! Wishing you a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is completely gorgeous!! I love all the texture and the colors as well as the heat embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's funny how certain things can evoke memories you can't quite put your finger on. It certainly is beautiful paper. I love how your bird's nest turned out. It's all very fresh and springy. Enjoy your lovely weather while it lasts. It's been nothing but rain here ever since our one snow day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!