Sunday, January 29, 2012

SSIC~Love You!



It's another beautiful sunny Sunday morning here in Colorado!! I am excited to introduce you to this week's scripture challenge...where you are inspired to stamp your heart! This week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge is hostessed by the beautiful and talented Linda from Lovely Linda's Crafting Central.
The scripture:
Phil. 4:8: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

The challenge: Create a card/project true to your style - show us who you really are!
The Prize:  Inspired Stamps, a new sponsor, is awarding a $15.00 store credit to this week's winner!! Wow!!

This scripture is one that I committed to memory many years ago...and it is still sinking in!! It is not as easy to do as it is to memorize. I recall one of my favorite Bible teachers, Kay Arthur, giving us a word picture in class to help apply this verse. She said to picture every thought entering through the gate of your mind...and as it does, "frisk it." And to help remember there were eight qualities to think on, she would call it the "frisky eight."
Be sure to visit the Stampin' Sisters in Christ blog to read this week's wonderful devotional based on the verse and to view all the Design Team's entries!
Okay, so a quick explanation of my card, the challenge was to make a project true to your style...so I love a lot of white space lately. It helps me to keep my thoughts clear if I don't muddle up a card too much...and my thoughts are busy enough lately! And embossed white is gorgeous to me, with a pop of color! So I used this new embossing folder from Marianne's Designs with hearts and roses. The embossing folder cuts out the hearts and embosses the roses...pretty fun!
Have a blessed week...can't wait to visit and see what you're stamping!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

13 comments:

  1. Hello Traci - your card is simply lovely - I love the idea of keeping our thoughts simple - that is a major achievement for any of us these days....I too love this scripture - it is such a truth to live our lives by! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful card Traci! I love the white and the simple and the pure. That is what I think of with this card - pure! Have a wonderful week dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that is so cool that the folder both cuts the hearts AND embosses the flowers--love it!! Your whole card is so lovely and refreshing. I too love the classic elegance of a simply embossed white card. Interesting to read that you tie in crafting with your thought process--being careful not to "muddle" it up. I tend to go overboard sometimes and put too many goodies, but in real life, too much of anything can be overwhelming and makes ya wanna start over with a clean slate. Lovely job with this challenge Traci! So good to have you part of the group. Have a wonderful week! xKris

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful CAS card. I love the embossing and those little hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Traci! Love the white space and the ef!!! Loved reading Kay's word picture of our thoughts! I didn't realize when I wrote you this week that this was this week's verse... but I too commited this to memory years ago and still have to remind myself often of this verse!

    Have a wonderful week!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. I love that you kept is simple and you always have the best write ups. I am terrible at memorizing anything. I try but the older I get the harder it is. Great job Traci.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a sweet card! love the embossing of hearts

    ReplyDelete
  8. You card is sooo SWEET,GORGEOUS job!Have a SUPER day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love the embossing and your use of white space.

    ~Cheryl~

    National Wear Red for Women day is coming up on February 3, 2012. Please wear red and help raise awareness of the signs of heart disease, stroke, & heart attack and how women can live heart healthier lives. To learn more, visit the Wear Red for Women or the American Heart Association websites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing card! LOVE that embossing/die cutting folder--where did you get it?! That's awesome! I saw it and wondered how you had those pops of color! I, too, love CAS style--but my white space tends to be a color. :) Thanks for sharing your talents with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving the white space too, you are rocking the CAS style. I like your comment about frisking our thoughts, great idea. I have had a lot of frisking to do this week, so Linda's verse and your thoughts are very timely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Traci - I love this CAS Style - simply gorgeous! Frisking our thoughts is such a great concept - I think it will keep many of us busy this week! Thank you so much for sharing your art and from the heart! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely fab-o! Love the white space...but it not empty...the embossing really pops with no other distractions and the hearts are precious. Running over to find that embossing folder right now!!! Gorgeous, as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!