Thursday, January 5, 2012

Before We Move On...and a Surprise Blog Candy!

So, before we move full speed ahead in the year 2012, or at least before I do...wanted to add a couple of more pictures to my blog...this is one of those wreaths made of paper and scored into the little accordian pleats, then added more accordian circles on top, lace, and buttons. It turned out so cute...using one of SU's Christmas paper packs, buttons, crochet lace. It added a lot of charm to my kitchen this year!
One of the "surprises" that always makes the Christmas season so bright was a plate of cookies left on my doorstep! I did not see a note attached, so had an afternoon to muse who they were from. Wouldn't you know, it was my friend, Cindy, also known as Mothermark on Splitcoast Stampers!! Of course, I don't have a single crumb of those delicious cookies to show here, they disappeared quickly at my house...but I did take a photo of her darling Santa card (on the right.) It matched a Santa cookie chef that has adorned my kitchen every year for quite some time. Love how their faces both seem to light up!! Thanks, Cindy, for the delicious treats! This came as a double blessing...one of those pass it on blessings. Cindy included a sampling of my Mom's old recipe of Christmas candy, called Martha Washington candy. I have fond memories of those little rolled up balls of coconut confections hand dipped in a mixture of chocolate and paraffin wax. I was in the process of making up a little care package to mail to my Mom at the nursing home...and added a few of these treats!! She called and said how much she enjoyed the candy and was sharing it with all the staff. Goodness, you never know how a kindness can be multiplied!!
Well, thanks for taking a quick peek into my blog. It has been too long, and I have lots to do to get ready for a New Year. One thing I am pondering this week is MY WORD for 2012. I decided this is the year I am going to have a word that sums up my hopes, dreams, and proddings for the coming year. I hope to share it with my next post!
Oh, and before I forget...next week I have a birthday coming up. So...in celebration of  that, I am going to be giving away a surprise blog candy!! Surprise, because I honestly don't know what it will contain just yet...but you have a week to comment on my post here, or any of my following posts to enter. All you need to do is tell me your New Year's hope, goal, or dream...and what you plan to do to make it come true. I can't wait to read your thoughts!! I will have some stamping goodies since this is primarily a stamping blog...but I may just customize it to the winner since I know most of my friends and followers here. Have a great week!

13 comments:

  1. Hey how cute this post is! I miss Mothermark, tried to go to her blog and I think it is gone? I am pondering my word as well for my journal. . . my new year's goal is the wish to consider others before myself and to be more thankful DAILY for the blessings God has bestowed upon my family compared to millions around the world. Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course Mothermark would come up with an amazing design for her card. I love that she loved on you. It is special friends like that that get you through any hard times. I know you have been there for her too. I love your wreath. What a great creation. I am crafted out and need to get back in the swing of things. Hope 2012 brings you much love and happy early birthday...hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath is beautiful, Traci! I started making one of these several weeks ago and still have not finished it. I also received one of Cindy's darling Santa cards. They are so cute! I tucked mine on a branch of my tree. I wish I lived closer to the two of you, but I count your friendships as a very special blessing in my life. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful wreath, Traci!! Love the flowerets!! Cindy's cookies are too cute!!! If they taste as good as they look, they are delish!! How nice to have a special friend close by!!
    blessings and hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traci, what a great card from Cindy. It does just look like your Santa. I also think it is neat how you could share the blessing with your mom as well. MY WORD for 2012 is Priorities. I am going to try to use my time better!!Have a blessed day today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Traci! Oh what an adorable wreath! I have wanted to try one of these... maybe next year? I just love that Cindy surprised you... I didn't realize you live that close! How special!!! I think my "word" for 2012 is going to be JOY! During these past few months, with my hubby unemployed, we have not had the money to give as we usually do, but we have been blessed with time... and time to do things we couldn't do before. He has given us such joy in spite of difficulties. He has also been showing us our own hearts, and it's a joy to know that no matter how old we are, what our circumstances are, He can use us still.... and I'm so enjoying reading Kay's book... thanks to you!!! Al and I are doing the study together and what a blessing it's been!!! I'm excited to see what God will do next! So... this year... job or no job... in whatever state we are in... I'm going to thank God for His JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome blessing and I love that you had to "figure out" who it was from *Ü* Love the wreath and the card is so adorable--perfect next to your Santa kitchen thingy! Love that you have crafty friends close by. My closest one is my sister, 3 hours away :( Anyways... I have several New Year's resolutions, but I don't do the one word thing. Wish you all the best for 2012... and I'm so thankful for you and that you're on the SSIC team with us!! *Ü*
    ~Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet of Cindy and how smart of you to eat every last crumb......what a treat.....

    I took a break at Christmas from stamping and blogging, but would like to wish you and yours the happiest of New Years.....hugs, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! getting surprises on your doorstep and sweet card really goes well with your Santa. My son will be getting to school this year so i'll be dividing my schedule for my regular work, family and crafting. I have a goal to take my training and exam from Microsoft to be a certified Database Administrator, already waiting for the training schedule, need to study to pass.
    More goals to come this year and will just take them slow and act on each.

    It's nice to meet you Traci and have a wonderful day ahead.

    Luanne
    myfootahead at gmail dot com
    craftersreference.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love those rosettes on the wreath. Your blog is so full of inspiration. My goal for new year is to try to organize my messy craft space a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your new blog!
    that is an adorable card, what a nice treat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh Traci! How wonderful that little Kitchen Santa that you have is! And how funny I made his twin brother! They totally look alike! Giggle! I am so pleased that your mom got a sampling of her Martha Washington candy....that is very cool that you shared! Thanks so much for this nice post. I am so glad that you enjoyed your little treat...and it was fun making you guess! Snort!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I have to leave another comment about the wreath! OMG! That is one of the cutest darn things I have ever seen! I love it! Its just wonderful...I might have to have you teach me how to make one! Giggle!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!