Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Savior is Born!

This week's scripture challenge is brought to us by Miesje from Room with a View. Her beautiful scripture choice is so appropriate for this time of year:

"Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men" (Luke 2:14)

The challenge this week is :
A Christmas card or project that is Christian, image and/or sentiment must have the TRUE meaning of Christmas.
And our prize sponsor is Our Daily Bread Designs gift certificate for 15.00!!

So, my card is "simple," except when you consider the discard inked images of trees and all in my trash can! I attempted first on watercolor paper, but could not get a good impression. After a few trial and errors, I decided to cut out one of my discard trees and used that to add the inked verse in "Fired Brick" distress inks. The nestability shape was outlined in gold krylon pen, and popped up onto the main card image. I wanted to make the verse be the star for this card!
I will be back this week with a Christmas message, but at the time of this writing I'm at our winter condo putting back and finishing up the basement bedroom and bath after flooding; just in time for our daughters and all their friends to use it during Christmas break.
Hope to get more crafting and pictures to share this week!! Hope you are enjoying the beauty of this season and may this verse give you much comfort and joy!!

7 comments:

  1. Good morning my sister.. Beautiful CAS card, all the trouble was worth it :).
    Have a Merry Christmas, sending you HUGS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Traci! Your card came out beautiful!!! I love the gold outline of the Bible!!! Glad you have been able to get things back together at the Condo and hope you are enjoying your weekend!!! Wishing you and yours a most blessed Christmas!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love cards that come together from our "mistakes". It is a beautiful card - simple and perfect. Have a wonderful Christmas and a New Year filled with blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful Traci. I love how you have the tree on the cut out as well as the background. I can't imagine matching them up. Praying for a blessed peaceful week for you!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card!!! The verse truly stands out!

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Traci, this card is pure inspiration! I love how you outlined the Nestie shape -- you did it so precisely. I have one of those pens but I'm always afraid I'm going to mess up when I use it. A beautiful, simple design. I know what you mean, though... sometimes the simplest cards take the longest for one reason or another. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a simply wonderful and eye catching creatiion..wow

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!