Sunday, November 20, 2011

SSIC ~116 Little Festive Robins singin' Praise!!

So happy to see you on this beautiful Sunday morning! We have a brand new challenge for you this week on Stampin' Sisters in Christ blog! Each week, a design team member chooses a challenge based on a verse of scripture that the Lord brings to our minds. This week, our challenge hostess is Rebekkah from Diamond in the Rough. I would encourage you to visit the Stampin' Sisters in Christ blog to view her verse and accompanying devotional! I am sure it will be encouraging...and powerful!
The sponsor this week: Pizzazz Aplenty: Surprise Grab Bag valued at 15.00
The challenge: Make a card of praise, using music, stamp, design paper, or the word, "Praise."

My card was made using a stamp I just ordered from Lili of the Valley, "Little Festive Robins." Once I stamped and colored these tiny birdies, I noticed how well the SU! Christmas designer paper pack went with the holly and ribbons...so I used that and the red blinged up polka dot paper that is also in the pack. I colored with copics (boy am I out of practice with those)...and added liquid applique to the roof and base of the feeder, sprinkling some glitter on before drying with my heat gun...and dots of stickles in diamonds here and there to make it sparkle!!
I love this little card...the birds seem to be so happy and busy, and I can only imagine their "tweets of praise"... and I think the Father has a soft spot for them too, as he mentions them so many times in the Bible
I hope you take the opportunity to play along this week...can't wait to see what you create! Until then, blessings on your day!
My card is also being entered in Lili of the Valley's weekly challenge to make a card for someone special! I'll be sending this to a special friend this year! I just love the sweetness of these images!

9 comments:

  1. OH what a cute card! I love how you did the snow. Great details! Have a wonderful week Traci!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci, as always, a beautiful card! Thanks for letting me know you posted this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty card.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one gorgeous card Traci, perfect for our Christmas card for Someone Special theme this week.
    Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
    Hugs,
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so gorgeous, Traci. Love the dotted paper. Thanks for the tip from Carn's class.
    That was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card traci, the snow looks fab on the little birdhouse.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at LOTV this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Traci I love this image!!!! I am a big LOV fan and you have done a beautiful job with this one!!! Love the snow on the birdhouse... so much dimension!!! Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is gorgeous Traci!! I just love this sweet image, your colors and your design!! Gorgeous addition of snow and details!!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!