Saturday, October 22, 2011

Stampin' Sisters in Christ~Seasonal Birds

Good Sunday morning to you!! As you can see by my photo above...Colorado is gorgeous right now with all the leaves putting on their showy display!! You can see a peek of the gorgeous leaves in golden hues right behind my card. We have three huge trees that line that back of our deck, so our yard, our deck, the neighbors yard...etc...is covered with them!


Today's challenge hostess at Stampin' Sisters in Christ is the wonderfully talented MariLynn. You can read her devotional on the SSIC blog.
The verse:
Ecclesiastes 3:1
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."

The challenge: Use something that shows the passing of time in your card, exs: a calendar, a sun, a clock...be creative!!
My card today uses a set that is one of my favorites and yet I have only used one or two of these separately on a card. But combined, you can see spring, summer, and fall on the front of my card. I tried hard to fit all four seasons but the card was going to end up being over 6 inches square and they still wouldn't fit well...so this shape fit the images...and you get the idea of the seasons changing, I hope. I made a 3x7 inch card and used the SU! Seasonal Bird for my stamp set, SU! Brushed copper paper, and a flourished embellishment also cut in the copper paper. The pretty designer paper is one I have had for a long time, it has shades of copper, browns, greens, creams and has a glittery shimmer to it.

This week's prize sponsors are three free Digital Images by Louby Lou!! Such cute designs!!
As always, thank you so much for taking the time to visit here. I sure hope you will be inspired by this week's devotional and accompanying challenge. I look forward to seeing your creations! Have a wonderful week!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you got it done Traci! And its so beautiful! I love the soft colors and the awesome swirley leaf thingies! Very nicely done! Its a wonderful addition to your blog!

    Glad you had fun yesterday and came away with some wonderful cards! So fun! I probably should have gone! Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this card Traci! I love the three images and almost did this same idea except I ran out of time. Beautiful tall card my friend. Keeping you in prayer and hoping that you enjoy every moment of time you have this week! Enjoy that color! Ours is starting too, but huge winds have knocked a lot off before they peaked. Still it's beautiful!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect card for this challenge - love the original take on it. There are so many ways to see the passage of time - great way to capture it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful card, so glad you made a tall card for the challenge this week, it looks so elegant with your paper choices and the copper accents. Lovely way of showing the passage of time too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Traci - what a fabulous card - I love those darling images - it is a great take on this weeks challenge! Gorgeous colours too! Enjoy those leaves, they will be totally gone before you know it - we are loving seeing our trees in full bloom!! Thank you for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Traci!! I have a soft spot for birds... lovely job with these! *Ü* Hope your week is full of wonderful blessings!
    Hugs,
    kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Traci, this is so beautiful! I love the stamps and the paper is gorgeous. Also love the copper leaf flourishes. This came together just perfectly. Again, the bird images are just so sweet and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love birds.. really like this set. I have many bird feeders in my back yard and could spend hours watching them. I hope that your trees survived all the snow I heard you got yesterday. It is 80 here today. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a beauty, Traci.....soft elegance

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!