Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Three Cheers for the Red, White and Blue!!!

I can't believe it has been so long since I participated in a Teapot Tuesday Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers!! The tea-potters have a special place in my heart because not only is it managed by my wonderful friend, Cindy aka Mothermark, but I was blessed to be showered with cards by this caring group of friends last October when my parents were both in a nursing home facility. Well, this week is designated as "Tickle a Teapotter," a time when you can send your card along to a fellow stamper and tea potter...all a big surprise!!
The challenge can be found here if you care to participate!  This week the story had something to do with "school" and having a number on your cad and at least two things you can count.This Pure Innocence image fit the school theme with an "A," don't you think? And the brads are something you can easily count!
I had so much fun making my card in school colors...paper pieced my little girl's skirt and cut her out and propped her up on this chalkboard.
This card reminds me so much of myself when I was a little girl. I loved to play school, and had a chalkboard similar to this one and always tried to wrangle my little brother into being my student!
So, true to my title, I have two more cards featuring these colors, more to come this week. Thanks for stopping in and visiting here today. Now let's start with the letter "A." Do you have your pencil ready?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Traci! It was so good to see you on my blog tonight! I hope you are doing well sweet friend! Your card is absolutely adorable! I love these sweet innocence images and your coloring is over the top! Love the paper pieced skirt! I have not been a teapotter because of time issues but I know they're a ton of fun because of all the great people who play along and of course, the mother of stories... Cindy! Whoever you send this to will be more than thrilled! How fun! Have a great 4th weekend!!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!