Saturday, June 4, 2011

Remember your way Home!

This card was made for my niece who is graduating this month! I have two nieces, actually, one is graduating from college, and her little sister from high school! Every year around the first of May I try to tally up in my mind how many, if any, graduates I expect an announcement for.  And every year, I receive at least two announcements in the mail that did not make it in my tally.  Some are from friends who I haven't heard from in a few years, so it is always a surprise. I made a few easy graduation cards that I will be sharing soon, but this one was made using a sketch for Stampin' Sisters In Christ. I always enjoy visiting their blog and reading the devotionals. You can visit here. I am barely meeting the deadline in time...so check out the new challenge tomorrow!  This was made using a new stamp I purchased through Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Ribbon store...and a new package of Kaisercraft paper, "Nine to Five" collection, also from Sharon's store.  A few pearl flourishes and a rose in pink to meet the sketch challenge, and there you have it!
As a mom of two daughters who no longer live at home, the words in this sentiment really pulled on my heartstrings...especially the last part, remember your manners, and the way home. Good advice for any grad, don't you think?
Thanks so much for stopping in today!

5 comments:

  1. this is so rich and regal...LOVE the sentiment...perfect grad card

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. It pulls at my heartstrings too.. I am really missing my girls this weekend. I LOVE the paper..She will cherish this card. I made 2 grad cards this year. One for my daughter and niece. Both graduated from college. Time goes so fast. Great card Traci.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The words hit home with me too, this is a beauty. I am in trouble again after viewing this, that paper is lovely! No more paper, no more paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tugs at my heartstrings, too, Traci. Thankfully, my son has always remembered the way home. This made into a beautiful card with the paper and the sentiment. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in desperate need of a Traci M creation. :). Or at least a picture of your latest project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!